A List of things that would be cool/fun/useful

Larryfine

Hi all.

So i've been playing a ton of TLD loper recently. Getting back into it after a long break and this game is just amazing. Everytime I return it feels so refreshing and I just like having fun in this game. Anyways, here are some of my most recent thoughts on stuff that would be cool to add off the top of my head.

Game Changing:

Deep Snow - After a blizzard it would be harder to get around, stacking up over time and melting on sunny days.

Zone Ideas -

I get that the zones go along with the story mode, I haven't touched the story mode yet...after all these years.

Glacier Zone - For the crampons with crevices for death and the lols and weak ice...and ice caves!

A High Altitude Zone - With o2 bottles (a new mechanic) - follows the theme of mountain climbing kind of like TWM with loot at the summit

Items and Hunting/other

Lobsters and shellfish - Traps Expanded to larger snares - elk/deer

Shootable Birds and other woodland critters because shooting stuff is fun and these could attract wolves nearby (for the cost benefit ratio) 

Paracord and/or the ability to craft ropes

Fishable Creeks - fly fishing rods with an actual fling "skill shot" based fishing mini game.

Craftable canoe for the fly fishing zone with rapids and freezing waters.

Fire bow drill - level 5 fire starting + achievement on any save would get you access - even make it use the actual bow and degrade it so it wouldn't be limit less.

Alcohol - Warms you up...

Snowshoes - you would have to build them with birch saplings and various parts. See deep snow above.

Draggable sled - you would have to build it and couldn't take it up or down ropes or something, because taking a sled to TWM or Ash Canyon lol.

Jerky/Smoke house/Salt hut - A way to preserve protein!!!!

Broken Limbs + craftable splints = Another fun hinderance; fingers and toes included.

Atlatl or some new projectile weapon

thats all i got for now. back to some loper!

Alcohol - Warms you up...

Just because I'm a nerd... this isn't actually true. People feel warmer drinking alcohol because it's a vasodilator (meaning it dilates your blood vessels), but this effect actually causes an increase to the flow of blood in the skin, which lowers the core body temperature, making hypothermia more likely. Otherwise, those are some excellent suggestions. I really love the idea of things like huts/canoes/more long term survival tools/craftables. I know a lot of folks play area to area, but I'm definitely a fan of camping out in an area for a while and some of these suggestions would be beneficial to that. 

• Upvote 1