Stuck in Coastal Highway...

Gurras

Hi all, I'm hoping someone here can help me. Playing on Xbox One X.

So I finished up in Pleasant Valley and went through the mine and got the cutscene at Coastal Highway with the whales. I stopped playing for a few months after that and when I came back to it, I cruised around CH, exploring and collecting, no issues there.

After a bit, decided I should probably work out what I'm supposed to be doing.  I'm on Aftermath and my objective is to replace the 3 fuses to get the elevator going, and it says I'm 95% episode completion.

I tried going back into the cave and using the elevator, but cant go back further.

I tried loading an earlier save from PV and redoing the mine. Get through and get the cutscene with the whales again and it goes to home screen, so I hit resume but nothing happens. Only option is to load a save or start a new game. 

Just occurred to me , is CH part of episode 4? Am I not supposed to be able to start CH on Wintermute yet?

I have several saves in CH but all of them say 95% episode complete and Aftermath.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gurras

Are you saying you got to explore CH in Witnermute episode 3? The episode ends with the whale cutscene so if you were able to do anything further in CH after that, it is very odd. We don't know yet whether CH is part of episode 4. If you're out of the mine, then you have already finished episode 3. 

• Upvote 1

Yep, that's what has happened. 

Only thought of that possibility as I was typing OP.

Here's a few pic of my saves and some of the fishing village with the Aftermath mission on the screen.

I can still load up into CH and explore,  just with the Aftermath mission still active.

IMG_20210904_185720.thumb.jpg.ead607e8d1347d98610bf1a6852297f7.jpgIMG_20210904_185746.thumb.jpg.924a3c390afcc58e4bd35db680b9562f.jpg

IMG_20210904_185548.jpg

IMG_20210904_185611.jpg

IMG_20210904_185618.jpg

Edited by Gurras
Added info.

That's really weird, you shouldn't be able to explore CH. Makes me wonder if future story content has slipped through or if it's just a bug. Have you noticed anything different with the Wintermute CH map compared to the survival map? Like a building, a bridge or a giant killer whale? =) From your screenshot of the fishing camp it looks just like the sandbox version. 

• Upvote 2

Just a quick update.

I've left CH through the Ravine, down the rope climb to the bottom of the ravine and out to Bleak Inlet, (I don't know any of these areas, but figuring it out looking at maps online). 

The Ravine area was fine, but BI so far has no animals, although I did catch 2 fish before my hook broke, no firewood, except from reclaimed furniture.  There is very little in the way of loot, and a trailer I went into near the cannery glitched, with the sky falling through the floor repeatedly.

On 9/3/2021 at 11:09 PM, Gurras said:

Hi all, I'm hoping someone here can help me. Playing on Xbox One X.

So I finished up in Pleasant Valley and went through the mine and got the cutscene at Coastal Highway with the whales. I stopped playing for a few months after that and when I came back to it, I cruised around CH, exploring and collecting, no issues there.

After a bit, decided I should probably work out what I'm supposed to be doing.  I'm on Aftermath and my objective is to replace the 3 fuses to get the elevator going, and it says I'm 95% episode completion.

I tried going back into the cave and using the elevator, but cant go back further.

I tried loading an earlier save from PV and redoing the mine. Get through and get the cutscene with the whales again and it goes to home screen, so I hit resume but nothing happens. Only option is to load a save or start a new game. 

Just occurred to me , is CH part of episode 4? Am I not supposed to be able to start CH on Wintermute yet?

I have several saves in CH but all of them say 95% episode complete and Aftermath.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gurras

Once you find the replacement fuses (this can take time). They're tutorial vids on YouTube on which fuse boxes you need to go to, and activate. All the fuse boxes you need to activate, are by the elevator shaft. CH is in episode 4 (i assume). If you were able to explore it before episode 3 ended, its a bug.

Edited by JohnnyLeutner
added text

yeah, I'd venture to say that your game is glitched.  
as i see it, you have a few options;

you could delete this game and start a new one,   
you could leave it be and start a survival mode playthrough,
you could continue playing and exploit the glitch, explore as much as you can.

If it was me, I'd turn in a debug ticket with tech support and I'd go continue playing the glitch for fun!

Edited by piddy3825
spelling
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyLeutner said:

Once you find the replacement fuses (this can take time). They're tutorial vids on YouTube on which fuse boxes you need to go to, and activate. All the fuse boxes you need to activate, are by the elevator shaft. CH is in episode 4 (i assume). If you were able to explore it before episode 3 ended, its a bug.

Yep, completed the mine fully the first time around. Most definitely a bug, although I didn't realise at the time that that was where Wintermute ended, for now.

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

yeah, I'd venture to say that your game is glitched.  
as i see it, you have a few options;

you could delete this game and start a new one,   
you could leave it be and start a survival mode playthrough,
you could continue playing and exploit the glitch, explore as much as you can.

If it was me, I'd turn in a debug ticket with tech support and I'd go continue playing the glitch for fun!

I'll leave my saves from CH, don't think I will last much longer without firewood or animals around.

Definitely gonna start a survival game very soon. 

Only reason I posted again was in case anyone was interested, not because I'm complaining about anything, quite enjoying looking around these new areas.