New game or DLC

Sus-wolf

This is a suggestion for hinterlands devs and I welcome discussion of this concept. Please let me know it there is a better location to post this. 

as a future game (in a TLD game series) it would be cool to see a similar storyline (same location and event) except from the perspective of a local to the island. Like a hunter or a worker at the cannery (in reference to the note left on the cannery desk.)

if it was from the perspective of a homesteader/hunter, maybe there would be added tools and features to match that. New weapons, potentially the ability to learn animal calls, bear traps, ect.

maybe a cannery worker is abandoned by his crew and stuck in the cannery and you have to survive while the wolves attack. 
although it would be complicated to make I think some building features would go well with this. For example building the walkways and maybe wolf deterrents.

its all kinda far fetched but it would be fun to play. Especially the homestead/hunter perspective.

I think it would also be cool to see some more animals behavior features like in WolfQuest (if anyone is familiar with that game) however I do recognize that it takes funding and a lot of time.

point is I would totally pay for a game like this if Hinterland ever has the time and funding to make a deeper dive into The Long Dark world.  

• Upvote 2

Hmm, I remember brothers in arms did something similar with Baker and Hartsock in first two games. Mostly same areas, but from different perspectives. Really enjoyed that game!

Not sure how well it would play out with TLD though, not very action packed this one is. It might look too much the same game with some updated graphics? Bad idea me thinks.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

Hmm, I remember brothers in arms did something similar with Baker and Hartsock in first two games. Mostly same areas, but from different perspectives. Really enjoyed that game!

Not sure how well it would play out with TLD though, not very action packed this one is. It might look too much the same game with some updated graphics? Bad idea me thinks.

I was thinking it would be a new storyline. So instead of Will and Astrid it could be based off of someone new and a new plot line. Definitely could get repetitive if there isn’t enough new stuff. 
i was originally thinking it would be added to the current game (ignoring that they have already planned an end to TLD) but I think it would need to much updating for a new story.