auto save confusion!

Leeanda

Was playing as normal when halfway through sleeping a warning of "failure to save" came on. When I woke it didn't save at all but then went outside and then it saved. About twenty minutes later when doing nothing save wise the warning came on again. It has done it twice since then at erratic times.  In between it saves when it should! I'm confused!

Is it a disc problem or console problem ? I'm on Xbox one and its a new one!

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

I had the same issue. Unable to resolve even with the help of Hinterland tech support. They looked at my save file etc. My longest run >500 days is now over as it will not save at all now.

Started a new run - saves fine. All other games work 100%

I'm guessing a corrupted save.

On Xbox One X.

Forced reset, deleted save and reloaded from cloud, deleted TLD and reinstalled. Even factory reset the whole console. No dice !

Interested in following in case you resolve the issue 👍

Sorry that you  had to restart everything! That's rotten luck! I'm fortunate it seems to have sorted itself out! Fingers crossed! Would be really annoyed if I'd lost all that work I've racked up nearly 700 days!. I can only assume that it's a corrupt save or that it's the games way of not letting you survive!

Good luck on the new run😁

I think the game became self aware and is telling you it's time for Will to die.(or astrid). Find a good spot : ) 

on a serious note, maybe some kind of service kicked in and stole resources as it was saving, or power flickered and sent bad power to cpu and it did little bit corruption. No one will know, although Methuselah might...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Other save is fine! This save however has totally lost the plot!! Saved at first then started not to! Then told me it didn't when it actually did! 

Don't need to try and kill Astrid off! The bloomin' bear nearly did that!😄 Good job I was on a high rock with ledges or I'd be bears dinner by now! So much for the bow  it took three arrows two of which were in the head/face area and it still didn't kill it right away! Never got two of the arrows back either! 

This save is definitely trying to tell me something!😭 Wanted to get to 1000 days but that's very unlikely now!

Hate to say that my auto save finally went beyond sanity this morning! Had to send Astrid to the other side!😭 So I threw her off the Signal Hill cliff!

Adiós my old friend! 690 days gone in the blink of an eye!😂

• Like 1