Locations Discovered

stirfoo

I've found 266 locations and show 99% of the world covered. How many actual locations are there? Seems as though I looked this up once when I first started playing, but found conflicting answers. Default Interloper start, if that mattters. Tanx!

The number of discoverable locations differ across various official difficulties - for example, Interloper has fewer locations than Voyager because it has more burnt down houses. Here are the numbers I've got from my Voyager and Interloper runs (after AC update):

image.thumb.png.b9b60556c0671f900c0b93c79e50382f.png

Now, from what I know, even these numbers can differ across different saves of the same difficulty so YMMV. But generally, you should be able to hit 100% World Explored after you meet a certain threshold number.

• Upvote 1

Your post could not have been timed better.  I was just about to ask about the number of locations.  I wanted to know how many locations that there are. I am currently in a Stalker run and have 309 locations.  I know that I have still to get Milton Basin which would take it up to 310.  However it seems that there are several more. 

Recording the locations seems very inconsistent.  Sometimes they automatically appear on your map when you are in that area, sometimes you need to use charcoal and draw the map at that point. In different games the location is activated by being in different places and the text on the map appears in different places. A particular problem was with the Frozen Delta.  I found Milton Basin in one game without thinking about it.  In my latest games I have walked backwards and forwards all around the area where I recorded Milton Basic previously but still can't get it.  I am now about to return there and find it, or die trying.

347656212_TLDLocations-2.thumb.png.96c26caa4456e384f6a968fd28111079.png

Edited by peteloud
  • Upvote 1

I returned to Milton Basin and this time it was very easy to map "Milton Basin" and complete the Cartographer challenge/feat, or whatever it is.  What I had got wrong previously was that I was expecting the name of the location to automatically appear on the screen or map when I was in the correct place. That didn't happen.   This time I returned to that specific area and used some charcoal and the text appeared on the map.  However it did not add to my locations in my journal.  I am still at 309 locations.  I feel a bit cheated over that.

I wish that HTL would have recording those locations act consistently.

I think it is time to end that game.  Because I started it a long time ago, I think more than three years ago, there are many anomalies.  It was before the revolver and before collecting ammunition cases, which meant that I lost many empty revolver cartridge cases when they didn't need to be collected.  It has also been a hassle finding that all the heavy resources that I accumulated at places like Spencers Forge were moved to a red container a million miles away from the forge.  I appreciate the problems of HTL making major changes and additions to the game requires solutions such as the red containers, but I often think that it would be nice to start a completely new fresh game which had none of these issues.

Edited by peteloud
  • Upvote 1

Wow, I'm short 30+ locations on interloper? I'll bet more than a few are in Ash Canyon. I haven't searched every nook and cranny there. It is funny how I miss simple things sometimes, like a car trunk I walked passed a dozen times! Haha. I just revisited Desolation Point to make some more tools and found I hadn't visited the church, after 200+ days. Oh and I got the cartographer achievement in a previous run.