Healing and Agony

milan

1 hour ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have a cougar added that jumps me from the drak and kills me instantly... and finding a strategy to avoid it at all costs rather than being able to just shoot it in the face as it rushes me head on.

If they add third-person animations, then things get more interesting...  but that's a tall order for revamping the entire game.

But why are you talking about cougars we are talking about new  healing methods. can you do a specific thread for it it is not the place

1 hour ago, Stinky socks said:

Well, even if it were first person with feet and body added, it would become a lot more immersive. Imagine Astrid looks at her hand and only four fingers are present, instead of the usual five. Or perhaps a hole in the bloody leg as she gets blurry vision and passes out for a few minutes, then upon wakeup starts frantically mumbling to herself(aka player) what to do as she's a doctor. Will should just die I guess. He's a pilot who didnt even bring much survival gear and is the reason their both in trouble.

@oplli, in the game. I run naked in the game. Longer sprint bar (circle, but a bar. Circle bar)

A view of hands consistent with what the player is wearing for mitts would be a start, but they haven't even managed that yet.  I don't think the third-person animations I'd like to see are reasonably within HL's ability to alter this game as it is.  I really like the 3rd/1st person toggle in FO4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oplli said:

But why are you talking about cougars we are talking about new  healing methods. can you do a specific thread for it it is not the place

How it relates is in my first post... rather than extended healing/pain/agony... a predator that is avoided or it outright kills the player, ending the run.  To me, dragging in "different" healing methods that are largely imaginary anyways (without animation) is pointless.  I'd leave the bear as it is now.

Edited by UpUpAway95