Updating Information on Cabin Fever

darkscaryforest

Howdy, the long dark fandom wiki has a couple pages stating that to avoid cabin fever you must spend more than 12 hours per day outdoors, averaged over the past 6 days. Example: https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Cabin_Fever

It works like a sliding, first-in first-out queue of hours that's tallied to see how close you are to cabin fever, or if you should have it.

I know there's been a lot of posts about this, but it's not actually 12 hours (I'm not even sure where that number came from?) Anyways, I'd really like to edit those pages, but wanted to get a source before I touch anything. The best I could find all pointed to a quote on this legendary thread:

On 7/29/2017 at 5:17 PM, Timber Wolf said:

Great explanation @selfless!  The tests I ran show exactly that.

597cfac7d960b_CabinFeverTest.thumb.jpg.45d946c917592eb660d0732c8707e056.jpg

It looks like about 78% (113 hours / 144 hours) is the magic number to acquire the risk of Cabin Fever.

That number, at least 5.16 hours outside per day, fits more to what I've experienced. If that doesn't look right to anyone or if someone has a better source, feel free to chime in.

• Upvote 1

I did quite a bit of testing on this a while back, and came out with a figure of a little under 25% of your time needing to be outdoors to prevent cabin fever. This matches your quoted numbers, so I expect those figures are correct, and the mechanic hasn't changed for at least a year or two.

Edited by Andy_K