Found bullet in the carcass!! Thank you!

Stinky socks

We can retrieve arrows from downed creatures, why can't we do the same for a bullet that we fired?

It could be retrieved during carcass harvesting or while randomly eating cooked meat; "bullet found" would *DING* and appear in your inventory after consuming piece of meat that had bullet stuck in it.😉😊

• Upvote 3

While you could find larger chunks of the bullet, lead has a tendency of breaking up when hitting something like a deer. Actually, people who hunt with lead bullets probably ingest a small amount of lead each time they eat that animal even after carefully getting any lead they can find out. Personally I would probably only hunt with iron/steel ammo, maybe copper would be fine too....if I had to actually hunt and I had the choice that is.

Anyways my point is you could maybe get something less than a bullet when harvesting.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

Oh what might be a good idea is "bullet fragments". For example you need 10 bullet fragments to make a bullet, and you get like 2-7 bullet fragments when harvesting. Some of that is random, some of it could be based off harvest skill.

edit----

Pretty much what birb said but with a touch of randomness.

Edited by odizzido
  • Upvote 2

I don’t see this as a viable option. Maybe in pure desperation but when you kill an animal, the bullet is usually somewhere in the organs (unless you hit in a meatier area like the thighs for example, but in that case, you likely did not achieve a kill shot so that animal just has a pain for the rest of its life) and not the meatier areas. Needle in a haystack comes to mind. And without a HUGE amount of luck, digging through all that mess trying to find small shards of lead is just impractical. 

Short of something like a buckshot on a rabbit, I just don’t see it happening.

You may come across bone fragments of the same size that will distract, or even (depending where it’s hit) fragments of a previous meal that would have to be inspected. Or , depending on where you hit, or how close you were, it might have gone through. So is there also a request to dig out lead from a tree?

I think this level of survival realism/desperation is a little too far.

I would assume you would eat all the organs. Eating just the muscle meat is terrible nutritionally and would be a massive waste of food considering the circumstances....well, actually, there are like 5000 deer just outside the door so maybe it's not much of a waste. But it's still really unhealthy.