İtem İdea:EMI Box

Michael1986

EMI Box

Weight: 5.00 kg

Decay: Does not Decay

Rarety:Extremely Rare

Description:The EMI Box is a Metal Suitcase that looks a bit similar to Astrids Case but with slight texture differences with a Label Saying:Property of the Canadian Goverment, Electronics Containtment Box

Locaiton:The İtem is located at a small bunker at a highly mountainous and windy region only accecsiable during an Aroura Night

Usage:Electromagnetic interference kit Box (also known as a EMI Box) is a rare hard to acguire heavy item, it has a 2.00 kg containtment space and can be used to store anything but its speciality come in during aroura nights, if a charged flashlight is placed a EMI Box during a Aroura and kept inside until its over,if its ever brought back out it will still be charged and will be avaliable for usage,but the flashlight can not be recarghed until another aroura night forcing the player to use their flashlight's charge reasonably this also stop's EMI Box's from being over powered, but if the player fails to place the flashlight before the Aroura ends then they cant use it until the next aroura arrives as the Aroura's  effects will kick in and deactiavte or derain its remaining charge

Another ability is the fact that if it is used on laptops,if left clicked on a laptop the Character will place the Laptop inside the box,if done succesfully the laptop becoems useable but not too usable here is the list of programs and what can be done with them:

İnternet:cannot be used will give error

Police vs terrorists:will give error states it cannot to the internet

caluculator:suprisingly works

files:entire database can be found

Mails:entire mail history can be raed

Chess Game:Playable

Minefiled:Playable

if not contained in a EMI Box during an Aroura will deactivate

Another thing is the the fact that how this Box even made it here well if the player finds the Bunker inside it there will be soldiers lying İnjured on the Ground if you patch him up he will give you his personnel possesions stating they bring back bad memmories

(the Laptop contains an entire 11 day diary of the soldiers journay across the northern regions of the Great Bear)

Edited by Michael1986

The lore behind the long dark is the geomagnetic storm is not only disabling power but blocking it's production entirely.

Basically my reasoning is look at the flashlight(torch) if you let it charge during the Aurora why doesn't it keep that charge afterwards? Something is draining that charge so even if you protect the device from the effects I believe as soon as you remove it from this box it still wouldn't work as it would be drained immediately. 

I don't think this would work or at least make sense with the behavior of the storm and Aurora.

Edited by LoneWolf5841

Well this is actually a really good point

but I always wondered this people can create small EMI wrappings for electronics it can be that you harvest the boxes EMI wrappings and surround your flashlight with it that can be smart well let me get this idea further:

there can be a science skill 

this skill effects this item effectiveness

for an example science skill 1's wrappings will be quite shitty as the storm can still effect it with your flashlight's power downing 25 percent faster and stronger light option being disabled

level 5 skilled wrap is the best as it blocks the storms effects entirely and flashlight can use its strong power option

Science skill also effects the warppings removal condition

science skill 1 player will damage the wrapping while removing

science skill 5 player will protect its condition while removing

Edited by Michael1986

Just now, Michael1986 said:

Well this is actually a really good point

but I always wondered this people can create small EMI wrappings for electronics it can be that you harvest the boxes EMI wrappings and surround your flashlight with it that can be smart well let me get this idea further:

there can be a science skill 

this skill effects this item effectiveness

for an example science skill 1's wrappings will be quite shitty as the storm can still effect it with your flashlight's power downing 25 percent faster and stronger light option being disabled

level 5 skilled wrap is the best as it blocks the storms effects entirely and flashlight can use its strong power option

Science skill also effects the warppings removal condition

science skill 1 player will damage the wrapping while removing

science skill 5 player will protect its condition while removing

This may work better but there's still the issue on drain speed. as it is now the flashlight doesn't last long at all while on and without an Aurora you may get 1 nights use with it while protected and that's not even the whole night. After it's dead it is just a paperweight until the next Aurora. I love the idea of trying to make the flashlight more useful but unfortunately it just doesn't stay on long enough before needing a recharge to be worth carrying. 

well thats were a new item comes in batterys they can be found around the world they are not rare but they are still hard to find they come singuler or ,in a package (a pack of batterys include 2 of them)when used one battery will recharge the entire flashlight

or another idea is to work grab a second and use it on a car battery recharge during an aroura and recahrge your flashlight with the battery

and level 1 skill is lowered to 5 percent

Edited by Michael1986

23 hours ago, Michael1986 said:

well thats were a new item comes in batterys they can be found around the world they are not rare but they are still hard to find they come singuler or ,in a package (a pack of batterys include 2 of them)when used one battery will recharge the entire flashlight

or another idea is to work grab a second and use it on a car battery recharge during an aroura and recahrge your flashlight with the battery

and level 1 skill is lowered to 5 percent

That would work if they added Batteries however you would still have to protect the battery some how or they'll will drain outside the Aurora. Either way I probably wouldn't use this as in my opinion the storm lantern provides better lighting than the flashlight as the storm lantern provides a nice area effect of light while the flashlight only provides a small cone of light  which looks dimmer in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Wow I really forgot this old post yeah I realized now it is a dumb idea

the most similar Idea I have for this concept is a aliminium covered zippo light

you know  the kids toy ? you spin something and it produces light ? yeah that but covered with aliminium to deter the solar flare it can be used to deter wildlife but it has to be rezipped it lasts for 1.50 real life minutes it is a simple tool if you want to save on lantern fuel and can be needed if you dont have a flashlight and you are stuck in an aroura it is not rare and can be lifesave if you dont hvae any lightsources and you dont want to waste your flares or matches it doesnt produce light as much as lantern or flashlight but it does well

On 3/16/2021 at 4:00 PM, LoneWolf5841 said:

That would work if they added Batteries however you would still have to protect the battery some how or they'll will drain outside the Aurora. Either way I probably wouldn't use this as in my opinion the storm lantern provides better lighting than the flashlight as the storm lantern provides a nice area effect of light while the flashlight only provides a small cone of light  which looks dimmer in my opinion.

Edited by Michael1986