Bow/Rifle Condition Study?

hozz1235

Has anyone done (or know of someone who has) a comprehensive study on Bow/Rifle condition and what effects that has one gameplay?  Does it affect damage done?  Does it affect (in the case of the bow) wear & tear of arrow condition?  

I understand damage could be very hard (if not impossible) to measure since there is so much RNG involved.

I have not heard of anyone who has tried to do something like that. 

All I know is that low condition on the rifle (and even the revolver though that is kind of harder to believe) affects the risk of jamming and that condition has to be pretty low, like 30%?  While low condition on ammunition means a "misfire" whatever that means (I understand but have not experienced it since I specifically do not craft ammunition at less than 80% because of this 'misfire' possibility).

Personally I have not seen, with low condition bows, any obviously noticeable degradation in hunting performance.  Obviously the RNG hated me when the deer fled after being shot and me at Level 5 Archery 🙂.  I suspect the devs stayed away from such gray area effects as much as possible since the actual chance of bringing down an animal was RNG probability driven anyway. 

I took 31% condition rifle to bleak inlet to fix. What a nightmare lol! Poor thing jammed more times than she fired. It was painful to watch Astrid force that handle to free it up and to reload. Always have to remember to pick up that un-fired cartridge. 

Note on 60% and 80% crafted rifle ammo; they both fired flawless each time. I shot maybe 10 of those.

Edit: I had 25% bows shoot just as goid as brand new. I think they're like whetstone or a hatchet, work like new until ruined.

Edited by Stinky socks
  • Upvote 1