Toboggan/Pulk

Logan-Boone

I think it would be a great feature if you could craft a toboggan for transporting gear, say for a big move to a new map or hauling a quartered up bear. A traditional Cree style (region appropriate) toboggan could be made with planks, gut and a climbing rope. 25-30 kilo capacity, with effects against endurance/condition. Sorry if this has been brought up already, I’m a new member.

It has and it’s actually one of the amazingly few good ideas presented as a potential improvement in terms of realism, mechanics, and lack of redundancy.  It could also work with mechanics in maintaining challenge balances in that hauling a quartered bear on a sled would attract every predator from miles, potentially drain energy faster in concession for the larger carrying weight, and have no benefit on rope climbs.

The new technical backpack makes it a bit less necessary but honestly I’d prefer a sled to the backpack. I’d mainly use it to transition bases more efficiently across regions (such as ML to CH) 

Edited by Schrodingers Box

I’ve read thru the sled discussions in the past and it seems to me a 50/50 split. I too am in favor of the sled/toboggan idea for pretty much the same reasons Schrod Box is. The only additional thing I would like it for us to be able to ride downhill on it. I realize it would be more or less pointless but for such a weary traveler all alone there’s got to be some kind of reprieve from the bleak argues journey of a merely survivalist existence.  Some fun has got to be had.