Nomad Mode - Cannery ammunition's workshop issue

BravoPet

Hi, 

I am new at this forum so I probably missed the right section to ask this question, if so, please put it into appropriate spot.

I am playing the Nomad Challenge, and I am well into the game. Got to the Last Resort Cannery , in order to create some ammunition.

I do have the code, but I can not enter the coded door(gate). I read that the Aurora needs to be present, but bummer! .... I am well over 100 days in this challenge,

I am yet to experience an Aurora Borealis. Is the Nomad mode bagged? Does that mean that this gate can not be opened?

Can someone who played this mode and reached this point let me know what's going on?

Thanks!    

I didn't play the mode, but an aurora works at any time. 

So click on the code section of that electric door and leave the factory wait there for the night when there will be several trailers on the left side and the aurora will shine on you above at night. That's the way it is for every other place, but other than that, it's random. 

10 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes 18 said:

I didn't play the mode, but an aurora works at any time. 

So click on the code section of that electric door and leave the factory wait there for the night when there will be several trailers on the left side and the aurora will shine on you above at night. That's the way it is for every other place, but other than that, it's random. 

Thanks for your input man,

the problem is that I am at my 167th day in the Nomad Mode, and I am yet to see an Aurora. When I got to the Cannery, I thought that the game would "have" some mercy on me, and based on the importance of the Aurora , at that specific place, would somehow "turn it on". Nope.

I stayed there for 3 nights, with 2 being clear sky. No luck.

I did finish the story mode and I am familiar with the Aurora and its purpose in the game.

Besides letting me  out of this small , but nice addition to the game(creating ammo) , I can still continue the mode.

Was just wondering was it only happening to me , or you guys have the same problem running the same mode?

Thanks again!

When I first went to Bleak Inlet, the occurrence of the aurora was very frequent then over a period of time I noticed that it started to taper off.   Outside of Bleak Inlet, I have seen up to two weeks pass between auroras (I was in the Cinder Hills aurora annex so it was easy to keep count of the passage of days 🙂).  In a recent youtube playthrough the player waited about ten days before the aurora occurred.  

It is random and can be maddeningly random at that.  At 100 days you should have seen at least a few auroras.  If you never saw one ever in that game, you could have a glitched game and maybe should consider writing off making ammunition if possible. 

Note that your gunsmithing skill affects the quality of the ammunition you can craft.  At level 1 the ammo condition/quality will be 20% meaning a very good chance of a less than satisfactory effect when the trigger gets pulled.  At level 2 it would be 40%, etc.  I assume you have the components to reload ammunition - lead for bullets, gunpowder or the components to make it, and empty cartridge cases - or this could become an exercise in frustration.

Good luck.

Note I have not done Nomad, this was all under Pilgrim mode.

Edited by UTC-10
Clarify not in Nomad
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

When I first went to Bleak Inlet, the occurrence of the aurora was very frequent then over a period of time I noticed that it started to taper off.   Outside of Bleak Inlet, I have seen up to two weeks pass between auroras (I was in the Cinder Hills aurora annex so it was easy to keep count of the passage of days 🙂).  In a recent youtube playthrough the player waited about ten days before the aurora occurred.  

It is random and can be maddeningly random at that.  At 100 days you should have seen at least a few auroras.  If you never saw one ever in that game, you could have a glitched game and maybe should consider writing off making ammunition if possible. 

Note that your gunsmithing skill affects the quality of the ammunition you can craft.  At level 1 the ammo condition/quality will be 20% meaning a very good chance of a less than satisfactory effect when the trigger gets pulled.  At level 2 it would be 40%, etc.  I assume you have the components to reload ammunition - lead for bullets, gunpowder or the components to make it, and empty cartridge cases - or this could become an exercise in frustration.

Good luck.

Note I have not done Nomad, this was all under Pilgrim mode.

Thanks for the explanation,

Yeah, that was actually part of my frustration. Since they one, I ve been hoarding "stump removers" , gun powder, dusting sulfur etc. Whenever I would fire a rifle or reloading a revolver, I would always pick up the empty shells. Got over 100 shells combined , lol :) 

I had some spare time in Coastal Highway, managed to extract about 6 kilos of lead as well. Knowing how the entry level of gunsmithing would affect the quality of the product, I planned to stay and create ammo for a long time. However , at no avail. Found about 10 flashlights. At the beginning, I tried to keep them, and wait for the Aurora , so I can make them useful.  Once I noticed the Aurora has abounded me, I started to skip them.

Yeah, I went ahead with my mission, even without fulfilling my dream to become a skillful gunsmith 😁

Only got one more left location to stay at.

P.S.

I ll try Pilgrim once I am done with Nomad.

Thanks again  

It is possible that Nomad challenge has the Aurora setting turned off. I cant confirm this for sure, but if you went for 164 days without seeing one,  it is very likely. Even on the lowest settings, the aurora is not that uncommon, I believe. Especially not in Bleak Inlet, where the possibility of encountering aurora is much higher then usual. In my custom game which has Aurora set to rare, it took 2 nights for me to encounter Aurora.

Nomad was a challenge mode they introduced long before Aurora was added into the game. It is also possible they simply did not change the challenge to include Aurora. 

On 2/9/2021 at 4:41 PM, BravoPet said:

P.S.

I ll try Pilgrim once I am done with Nomad.

Thanks again  

If you enjoy Nomad as a challenge, I would reccomend you try playing Voyageur afterwards. Pilgrim is fine too, from what I remember, Nomad challenge is somewhere b between the two settings. But especially if you like the survival aspect of  the game, Voyageur will challenge you more. Pilgrim is more suited for you if you just prefer to explore. It is a huge difference, if the predators can attack you, or run away.

Another option would be to play a Custom game. That is what I usually do - to tailor my game the way I like to play. I usually play hostile wildlife, and harsher weather, but richier loot and safer damage taken by animals and so on. Problem with the Custom mode is that you will not get any Badge progress if you play Custom mode.

Edited by Mroz4k