Hello UK.

jimbot

Hi everyone, 

I occasionally dip in and out of gaming mainly driven by nostalgia (ie Tetris, Polarium & more recently I have been blown away by Limbo & Inside).   Having played Inside through I toyed with the idea of wanting to play new games but did not really know what I would like. 

I love playing vinyl & a fan of orchestral music which is the reason I found The Long Dark.  I was on youtube listening to Max Richter's score for 'The Leftovers' & someone in the comment section I dearly do owe a huge thank you to happen to mention the music score in TLD.  Of course I went to find out what TLD was.  

Grabbed a Nintendo Switch & Downloaded it last weekend.   Immersed in WIntermute at the moment.  Wow thanks random guy on youtube !

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2021 at 6:33 PM, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

I'm going to take the reverse route to you and check out the Richter score- thanks for the heads up.

Nice!  It was 'The Departure' specifically that TLD was cross referenced.  His music in general is lovely.  Also check out 'Sleep' & his '4 seasons'.

If you want something instrumental but much more abrasive & sonically extreme not orchestral then check out Ben Frost ('The Centre Cannot Hold', 'By The Throat', 'Aurora' & others. 

Enjoy.  

On 1/17/2021 at 8:28 AM, jimbot said:

Nice!  It was 'The Departure' specifically that TLD was cross referenced.  His music in general is lovely.  Also check out 'Sleep' & his '4 seasons'.

If you want something instrumental but much more abrasive & sonically extreme not orchestral then check out Ben Frost ('The Centre Cannot Hold', 'By The Throat', 'Aurora' & others. 

Enjoy.  

finally got around to giving 'The Departure' a listen- I can definitely see the TLD connection, reminds me of the old title music (I think it got changed around episode 3). will check out the other ones you mention, plus Ben Frost- as someone who actually likes Metal Machine Music that sounds well worth a pop from your description. thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

as someone who actually likes Metal Machine Music that sounds well worth a pop from your description. thanks!

You are going to feel right at home with Ben Frost.  Metal Machine Music is hardcore !