Low FPS on PS4 Pro

Hello.

Recently I bought The Long Dark for my PS4 Pro from the PS Store. Having played the game earlier on my PC I figured the game would run perfectly on my PS4pro with a more laid back experience. To my surprise the game just has a very low fps throughout the game and makes it almost impossible to aim properly for example amongst other things. Not a good experience. I`m running the game with 1080p resolution with boost mode enabled (also tried without it). Cant really measure the fps unfortunately but i would say its mostly under 30fps. Is anyone else having similar issues or is it just me? 

Thanks in advance!

Same here although I’ve noticed some locations are better than others and it’s not always due to complexity. Also snow falling seems to have some sort of beneficial effect on frame rate maybe it’s something the boost mode helps with? Either way I’ve got used to it but it’s a shame really . Wonder what a ps5 would do with it?

• 3 months later...

Have played many hours of this game on my old junky PC with no issues, but its recently run into some issues and I’m unable to use it reliably for gaming. I saw that The Long Dark was on PS Now and was pretty excited, but am having similar issues to this myself. It’s almost as if there’s a motion blur effect on, I don’t know if it’s my console, my TV, my PS4 Pro, or the game. Either way, it’s so bad at times the game is unplayable for me and almost give me motion sickness; regardless of my FOV setting. I’ll try to muscle through and hope it gets better, but as far as the starting portion goes it is performing poorly. 😭

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't played for about 6 months and now that I'm starting it up again I'm experiencing the same thing, and it really really sucks. I've played well over 100 hours on my PS4 pro and It always ran really well. Now after updating and reinstalling the game it runs poorly to the point where it's frustrating to even aim and hit something. It's it's almost like it has a micro stutter or is skipping every other frame. Definitely never used to be like this. Any suggestions?

Same problems here. Turned off all additional settings on the PS and the TV. Still rubber banding going on & it feels like it skips some frames now and then... I would love to play the game but it is so annoying that I have to stop. I hope this bugs are patched soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Wrote with the support & gave them all data I had to hand. Even made videos of the problem… Why is it only on some consoles? I viewed some ganeplay from other people and there it works perfect. Support says they reach out for me… They would be the first developer I knew to „reach out“ to a customer. I think - because it only happen by a small amount amount of people - they don‘t give a shit and treat them like the bakers on Kickstarter. It is sad, such a good game with a horrible port and even development couldn‘t solve the problem.