Where da moose at?

BeetRecca

On 1/21/2021 at 1:00 PM, tabashe said:

i have the bear coat, deer pants, boots, rabbit hat n gloves. I think there is a achievement if I am wearing all animal or am i wrong.  Hey I'm not labeled wolf bait anymore lol

How much does all that weigh? and does it slow you down? I have the deer trousers and rabbit gloves and hat. I'm still wolf bait 😂😂

On 1/28/2021 at 8:05 AM, Clairec321 said:

How much does all that weigh? and does it slow you down? I have the deer trousers and rabbit gloves and hat. I'm still wolf bait 😂😂

it doesnt slow you down much compared to the normal. Its like wearing a the pead coat. It took me a while to get from wolf bait it helps by going and following posts and things

• Like 1

I've been trying to catch a moose by the barn in PV. I tried pensive pond for a bit but there aren't any scratch marks around there. I've been camped out for at least two weeks but no moose. The funny thing is that when I was first exploring the area I'm expecting it to spawn in, I remember hearing heavy huffs and something moving from out of sight. It might have been a bear but there was something very hoovish about it, if that makes sense. I didn't stick around. Nowadays I would be ecstatic to hear it.

On 1/26/2021 at 1:13 AM, Stinky socks said:

Oh? I was camping put in one cave not too long ago and saw dinosaur bones! I thought it was neat and went to sleep! You mean those were human bones and I might have been woken up by 'cave service' with ole smokey tapping at me?!

On 1/27/2021 at 7:48 AM, AdamvR said:

yep, unlike in real life, having bones scattered around one's bed, it is not a life insurance to camp near them in TLD

Correction: there is one cave with such bones, but no bear ever spawning (only referring to its supposed previous owner).
The one under the plane in Mountain Town.
That is safe to camp in.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On 1/26/2021 at 8:09 PM, Bean said:

This morning I was playing in Bleak Inlet before work, exploring the frozen delta area and visiting the hunting blinds.  I spotted a moose near the back of that cove and shot it until it died.  I butchered the carcass and then made a snow shelter to rest through the night with my fat meat/hide loot.  

in the morning, there was another moose nearby.  No scrapings to be seen.  I let him scamper as I had enough meat for now.  

On 1/26/2021 at 11:41 PM, AdamvR said:

I don't think I ever saw these guys in a place when their markers weren't there (bear or moose).
It's definitely not on every tree though, only a few within an area.

I stand corrected - I may have encountered the same area in Bleak Inlet: no scrapings on the trees, yet there is the guy. (it is just behind the trailers)
I still am wondering if the missing marks are intentional or ...?

screen_dcced773-072b-42b4-b674-1411ae27e379_hi.thumb.png.0f8485204d32aa5a9b821e7c7a25ad4a.png