The Securiest Way to reach gold mine in Ash Canyon(Starting in Timberwolf mountain)

ancupofcoffee

This is my first time writing a guide, it will have some grammatical errors because my native language is not English XD

OK, don't talk nonsense, go straight to the topic:

0. Starting point: climber hut

1. Equipment:
Food, water
It's recommended to take a flare gun, if not, then a bow (if u are not confident, take a gun)
A climbing rope
Clothes (maintain body temperature above -10ºC is enough, otherwise, how to climb the mountain XD)
10 servings of scented tea or coffee
5 signal flare (or Marine Corps flare or torch)

2. Route

Start from the climber’s hut and go southeast (unless you want to fight with two wolves and a bear), you will meet a moose, don’t mess with it, then walk along the stone wall, pass the log bridge and head north. Came to the cave in the Deer Clearance, enter in the cave,start making coffee, walked along the road, go out of the cave.

Welcome to Ash Canyon XD

The next is important:
Keep walking against the rock wall on the left, you must stick to the rock wall, because there will be a wolf and moose coming,after few minutes walking,u will bw found a climbing rope, throw away the things you don’t need(like the rifle), drink coffee, climb the climbing rope, and walk along the road , Will encounter something similar to a gallows, put a climbing rope there, go down,now u will arrived in the entrance of the gold mine:MINE CAMPAMENT,and there is you final objective: a Gold Mine(Why is named gold mine and I can't find any thing similar the gold? @hinterlang studios XD). There are new props in the mine (Crampons and technical backpack)

3. Go home
Go back along the road that you come.

P.D: There is a bearskin coat where the map is painted purple. Take it away when you come out of the mine (remember, pick it up when you come outbecaus it will be a bit heavy).

This is the map:(Ignore the blue route in ash canyon,it was only the secondary route TO BACK HOME if you exit through the 2nd exit )

END

END

END

Ash Canyon.jpg

Timberwolf Mountain.png

That's wrong. Çünkü denedim ve ipe tırmandığımda dondum. İnsanlar kandıramaz. Yol haritanın üst kısmındaki mağara ile başlar. Altın madenine ulaşırsanız, yol çıkış olarak gösterilir. Ama ilk gidecek yol için bu yol yanlış. Ve eğer ikinci sefere çıkıyorsanız, o ilk tırmanış bölümünde bekçi olarak orada bir Amerikan geyiği bulunduracağınıza dikkat edin. Bu yanlış değil. Çünkü denedim ve ipe tırmandığımda dondum. İnsanlar kandıramaz. Yol haritanın üst kısmındaki mağara ile başlar. Altın madenine ulaşırsanız, yol çıkış olarak gösterilir. Ama ilk gidecek yol için bu yol yanlış. Ve eğer ikinci sefere çıkıyorsanız, o ilk tırmanış bölümünde bekçi olarak orada bir Amerikan geyiği bulunduracağınıza dikkat edin. 

Edited by Sherlock Holmes 18
Typo.

6 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes 18 said:

That's wrong. . . . .

I have had several trips up to mine and Foreman's Retreat and I find that this map is reasonably accurate and illustrates the key features. A few bits of the map are confusing, but that is probably more to do with the difficulty in differentiating the elevation of the different areas on a simple map. That moose is not a particular problem.  You need to ensure that you are warmly clothed and suitably prepared before starting up that triple rope climb.

• Upvote 2

Sherlock Holmes,

Your English is easier for us to understand than your Turkish.

I have used the route marked on the map a few times but I think that there is a less demanding route.  I don't want to gave away the route and spoil the challenge by giving details, but, try going around the map in an anti-clockwise direction.

Edited by peteloud

1 hour ago, peteloud said:

Sherlock Holmes,

İngilizcenizi anlamak bizim için Türkçenizden daha kolay.

Haritadaki işaretli rotayı birkaç kez kullandım ama daha az zorlu bir rota olduğunu düşünüyorum. Güzergahı vermek ve ayrıntıları vererek zorluğu bozmak istemiyorum, ancak haritada saat yönünün tersine gitmeyi deneyin.

I'm glad you understand me, but I've already grasped the map a little bit. I mean, I said I knew, but you didn't confirm it, and I'm going to try, see who's right and who's wrong. 

8 hours ago, peteloud said:

I have used the route marked on the map a few times but I think that there is a less demanding route.  I don't want to gave away the route and spoil the challenge by giving details, but, try going around the map in an anti-clockwise direction.

I suspect you're referring to the route that involves the waterfall and the "wet" cave, and while that is a fairly direct route that passes through some good shelters, it also passes through several tight wolf zones. So I wouldn't call that the most "secure" way up to the Mining Camp.

There are pros and cons to each of the different ways up to the Mining Camp. I would argue that the triple rope climb is the most direct / quickest -- and also the least wolfy -- but you'll need to be prepared for those rope climbs, probably relying on some combination of coffees / energy drinks / an e-stim.

6 hours ago, wilky said:

I suspect you're referring to the route that involves the waterfall and the "wet" cave, and while that is a fairly direct route that passes through some good shelters, it also passes through several tight wolf zones. So I wouldn't call that the most "secure" way up to the Mining Camp.

There are pros and cons to each of the different ways up to the Mining Camp. I would argue that the triple rope climb is the most direct / quickest -- and also the least wolfy -- but you'll need to be prepared for those rope climbs, probably relying on some combination of coffees / energy drinks / an e-stim.

The route to the Mining Camp that I was thinking of does not include a wet cave.  I don't think it involves wolves either.

8 hours ago, peteloud said:

The route to the Mining Camp that I was thinking of does not include a wet cave.  I don't think it involves wolves either.

That is not a direct route, and takes the longest, and I believe involves the most rope climbs, and also passes through a bear cave.

Like I said... pros & cons.

1 hour ago, wilky said:

That is not a direct route, and takes the longest, and I believe involves the most rope climbs, and also passes through a bear cave.

Like I said... pros & cons.

I amazed that you can be so specific and gave details about the route.  I deliberately gave very few details so as not to be too helpful.  It certainly does not involve the most rope climbs.

Hmm, @sherlock holmes,I didn't lie u.My archive's gamemode is STALKER started at ERRANT PILGRIM UPDATE and in the 145th day,so that mean the temperature is below -45ºC, I climbed ash canyon only for the tecknical backpack and the crampons puted at the update,so if I can made it,u can made it ok?

I'm fully equipped for the game and I'm stuck in a black hill coal mine. I'm waiting for support. If I can get out, I'll think about going out of there. 

On 10.01.2021 at 18:57, ancupofcoffee said:

Hmm, @sherlock holmes, yalan söylemedim u. Arşivimin oyun modu STALKER ERRANT PILGRIM UPDATE'de başladı ve 145. günde, yani sıcaklığın -45ºC'nin altında olduğu anlamına geliyor, kül kanyonuna yalnızca tecknical sırt çantası ve kramponlar güncellemeye kondu, bu yüzden yapabilirsem, tamam yapabilir misin?