More life and food source

Usfarle

I come to you with a personal list of Candian animal which i hope would well suit to the TLD. For me they do. I'm french so sorry if my english or my animal's name translation is bad.

First i will start with simple wandering animal wich could be valuable hunting prey for the player and predators

In orange is the neutral animal, they don't attack you until you attack them.

In blue the afraid animal, like in game rabbit and deer they would run away when you get close.

In red the attacking animal, they would be aggresive such has in game bears and wolves.

• Beaver = they would live in natural beaver dam, made out of wood. By killing a beaver, the player would recive meat guts and skin. The wather repllent skin could make watherproof cl290px-American_Beaver.jpgothes.

• Squirel = I explain down what specialities could have the squirrel 
  • 290px-Gilles_Gonthier_-_Tamiasciurus_hudsonicus_(by)_(1).jpg

• Lynx  = it will be rare and not much agressive, by killling them you woill recive guts meat and hide. 
  • 290px-Lynx-canadensis.jpg
  • Cougar = really agressive and deadly, such has a bear. It would be skinny / weak ( die in one shot ) but fast. It would give regular meat guts and hide. 
  • 290px-Puma_concolor_stanleyana_-_Texas_Park_-_Lanzarote_-PC07.jpg
  • Fox = make some burrow in the snow to sleep, the burrow could be destroyed by the player to make the fox run away, in a snare trap for example. Give meat guts and hide.
  • 100px-Vulpes_vulpes_laying_in_snow.jpg
  • Racoon = Would give pelt to upgrade the player clothes in thermes of watherproofness and temp. It would give meat, guts and the hide which can be used as a repairing material.
  • 290px-Procyon_lotor_qtl2.jpg
  • Weasel = Like rabbits, small food, small hide and 1 guts. Nothing particular execpt that they will steal in player's inventory when he sleep outside. 
  • 290px-Mustela_frenata_new.jpg
  • Marten = same as Weasel but they won't steal and thei're skin is very warm, to make very good clothes.
  • 290px-Martes_americana_Yellowstone_1.jpg
  • Otter = Wather proof skin, to make watherproof clothes. Give gut meat and hide.
  • 290px-LutraCanadensis_fullres.jpg
  • Badger =Big source of meat, gut and hide. Sleep in building soo they can be scared and catche during thei're sleep. 
  • 290px-Taxidea_taxus_(Point_Reyes,_2007).jpg
  • Seal = friendly but strong, hard to kill. Very good source of wather proof hide and meat and gut. they will provide fat wich can be used to cook or to watherproof a clothes.
  • 290px-Northfursealbull.jpg
  • Wapiti = Dangerous just like a moose, the male can be harvested to get decorative antler. Give lots of meat and gut, and hide.
  • 290px-Cervus_canadensis2006.jpg
  • Original = same as Wapiti but much smaller.
  • 290px-Alces_alces_PJC3.jpg
  • Caribou = Different antler, more meat.
  • 290px-20070818-0001-strolling_reindeer.jpg
  • Pronghorn = small antler, not much meat but lots of guts, a good hide to make a bag.
  • 290px-Pronghorn_antelope.jpg
  • Goat = horn to make new item (wich i encourage you to give ideas of what we could make out of antler and horn) lot of meat and pelt, to make new clothes, very warm290px-Mountain_Goat_USFWS.jpg.
  • Bighorn sheep = harvestable wool to upgrade interior clothes, get very warmer. Dangerous, lot of meat and hide, and gut.

290px-Ovis_canadensis_2.jpg       

With a bit of recherch i find that they are all active in winther (of course less than in summer ) and I think thei're hide could make new clothes in the game, and thei're meat could be eaten as regular. It would only be a life adding experience to the game, making it more immersive and realistic than just 4 animal in the entire game, expectially because most player base thei're survival in therms of food on animal hunting. 

For the following animal, i come with new fonctionnality in the game

Mouse and rat

They would live in barn and big human construction, if the player decide to live in a building populated with rat or mouse he will ahve trouble until he killed them all. The mouse andrat will eat stored food, eaven on the player during night. THey will also damage the stored clothes of the player. When arriving to a places populated with mouse or rat, the loot will be very thin because of this little scavenger who would have eaten most of the industrial food. 

To prevent his food to be eaten, the player could craft mouse trap out of wood and scrap metal. This trap should be armed and fill with bait to catch somthing. The dead body of the rat and mouse can be harvest to get out meat but would give very serius food poisoning to the eater. 

Squirrel :

They would hide inside tree hole with a lots of nuts. They will sometimes go out and wander arround but would never come on ground, and stay in tree's leaf. 

The player could climb tree by throwing a rope on top of the tree (wich will come with a new talent like climbing). When the player climb up to a potential squirel nest he could scared the squirel and take his nuts, or come at night and surprise the squirel to kill him just like he do on stunned rabbit, and take the nuts. The nuts would be a new food source, unrespawnable, but with infinite storage duration. I could be just like cattails but with more calories. 

I hope you will like my idea and if you have anything to talk about animal in TLD and it would be a good addition to the game for you, talk, I'm here.

• Upvote 4

If all of these are added, I fully expect that the game would start crashing incessantly on the Xbox One.  So, please Hinterland... if you are considering such sweeping additions to this game, please provide options in Custom mode to disable/increase/decrease the population of each animal type individually similar to how it is now possible to do this with the current animal varieties already in the game.  Also, I would like an option to revert the game back to the previous update on the Xbox One such that if any update causes the game to become unplayable, it would then be possible to roll back to a previous update.

1 hour ago, UpUpAway95 said:

If all of these are added, I fully expect that the game would start crashing incessantly on the Xbox One.  So, please Hinterland... if you are considering such sweeping additions to this game, please provide options in Custom mode to disable/increase/decrease the population of each animal type individually similar to how it is now possible to do this with the current animal varieties already in the game.  Also, I would like an option to revert the game back to the previous update on the Xbox One such that if any update causes the game to become unplayable, it would then be possible to roll back to a previous update.

of course my rechearch were just dream, and i dont think adding that much animal into the game would be a good idea, i just wanted to share some animal idea about what could this animal would looks like if they were added. Sorry for console and low config ^^ 

It’s ambitious for sure.  Nice suggestion.  I like the variety of animals.  Some people say that such variety will clutter the game.  I think it can work if you limited the spawn to animal types.  Today you see few caribou; come back later and and the caribou are gone but a moose is there, or maybe nothing.  Give me a reason to look around.  
The next concern is crafting clothing.  Under the current system it would be tough but I had a hide crafting idea that can be found on the wishlist.  If clothing was crafted based on surface area instead of animal then this becomes more doable.

@Admin  Any chance of providing a latitude of GBI?  This way player suggestions can be based around specific flora and fauna.

• Like 1