4DON as challenge

Smoke3723

I'm a relative late-comer to TLD, so I've never been able to play a 4DON event.  Since DarkWalker now has his own challenge mode, I was thinking something similar for 4DON.

For this mode, Endless Night is on and light duration is doubled.  Day 1: no wildlife, not even fish, so you have to loot out Milton to stay fed.  Day 2: only wolves return.  Day 3: permanent aurora.  Day 4: permanent blizzard.

Maybe tweak the rate of time flow?  The first days start off with slower time, which then speeds up for the later days?

Eternal night is now an option in the custom difficulty mode.

I'm pretty sure you unlock it by collecting 6 pages in escape the dark walker, which shouldn't be too hard, but I still think is a bit of a bummer.

Like I've said before in a different thread (that got locked because some people started spouting literal lies). I think the way Hinterland handles custom difficulty is weird. It always feels like they're reluctant to let you play it. It locks feats progression, and in this case, they force you to play Escape the Dark Walker. Getting 6 pages can honestly take like two hours. Imagine if someone really wanted to play with endless night, but they didn't want to play Escape the Dark Walker. Well too bad! You have to. For no other reason than them deciding you have to.

I love the game. But the way custom difficulty is handled is the one thing that genuinely confuses me.

23 minutes ago, Satouthedeusmusco said:

Eternal night is now an option in the custom difficulty mode.

I'm pretty sure you unlock it by collecting 6 pages in escape the dark walker, which shouldn't be too hard, but I still think is a bit of a bummer.

Like I've said before in a different thread (that got locked because some people started spouting literal lies). I think the way Hinterland handles custom difficulty is weird. It always feels like they're reluctant to let you play it. It locks feats progression, and in this case, they force you to play Escape the Dark Walker. Getting 6 pages can honestly take like two hours. Imagine if someone really wanted to play with endless night, but they didn't want to play Escape the Dark Walker. Well too bad! You have to. For no other reason than them deciding you have to.

I love the game. But the way custom difficulty is handled is the one thing that genuinely confuses me.

They unlocked the Endless Night option in the hesitate prospect update so now everyone has Endless Night, no matter if you played ETDW or not. 

(Edit) As for what you said in general for custom, I agree there is a whole thread about feats being restricted on custom. I said before that the restriction feels like a punishment for playing how we want, I don't find enjoyment with the 4 preset modes so I exclusively play custom this unfortunately means that I'll never get feats unlocked

Edited by LoneWolf5841

1 minute ago, Satouthedeusmusco said:

Good. That's a step in the right direction.

I checked the wiki, but apperantly that info is outdated.

Yep it definitely is.  by the way in case you're interested I edited my reply and added a response of your opinion on the feat restriction you replied before I saved that change. 

6 minutes ago, Satouthedeusmusco said:

I'd rather not go off-topic.

I will agree yes it's best to stay on topic. I mean no offense but your reply already went off topic a bit as you was talking about how hinterland handled custom mode the original topic was about 4DON only which has nothing to do with survival mode or custom mode really. 

The whole quote section below is off topic already. Nonetheless I agree that this shouldn't go off topic more than it already has.

36 minutes ago, Satouthedeusmusco said:

...Like I've said before in a different thread (that got locked because some people started spouting literal lies). I think the way Hinterland handles custom difficulty is weird. It always feels like they're reluctant to let you play it. It locks feats progression, and in this case, they force you to play Escape the Dark Walker. Getting 6 pages can honestly take like two hours. Imagine if someone really wanted to play with endless night, but they didn't want to play Escape the Dark Walker. Well too bad! You have to. For no other reason than them deciding you have to.