Escape from Ash canyon

Grunt

So... 

After loosing about 20 poor Astrids to bad weather and poor choices, I finally got there and, on my way back, got two broken ribs, you all know how.... 

My question, without spoiling to anyone, is, will I need to climb rope to get out of Ash canyon? 

Or is it a way out that I still have to discover on the lower region? 

Thanks! 

This region is beautiful, but not easy... 

I'm. On the lowest, asking if I'll need to climb to reach the escape point... 

I haven't found yet where is the exit.. .. 

But I'll keep looking, I still have a part of the lowest area to explore, and her broken ribs will heal in the process... 

3 hours ago, Grunt said:

...asking if I'll need to climb to reach the escape point... 

If you have Astrid with broken ribs, then the short answer to your question is  No.  But (based on my experience till now), the moose is not on the lowest level. Without spoiling the fun of finding the exit for you and others, let me say that to reach Pleasant valley, you would need 2 climbs. One is definitely at the PV-TWM transition. The other, you can decide if the climb down in AC or TWM is better. I prefer the climb down in AC to reach TWM. 

I hope I haven't confused you more. 

I couldn't find the 'add spoiler' option, so just changed the text color. Not sure BB/HTML code works and the preview doesn't do anything to hide the text. 

3 minutes ago, StillNomad said:

If you have Astrid with broken ribs, then the short answer to your question is  No.  But (based on my experience till now), the moose is not on the lowest level. Without spoiling the fun of finding the exit for you and others, let me say that to reach Pleasant valley, you would need 2 climbs. One is definitely at the PV-TWM transition. The other, you can decide if the climb down in AC or TWM is better. I prefer the climb down in AC to reach TWM. 

I hope I haven't confused you more. 

I couldn't find the 'add spoiler' option, so just changed the text color. Not sure BB/HTML code works and the preview doesn't do anything to hide the text. 

Thanks, it worked I guess. 

I'll explore the end of the map I still have to discover, she ll repare her ribs in the time doing so... 

I wish now that I'd taken the wolf skins and not only the meat... 

I'd have a nice coat at the end of the trip.... 

Both entrances / exits to AC are on the same level (lowest level), and that’s where the noose is. There is no climbing required to get OUT. However, the best loot is on the higher levels, or in canyons not reachable from the main (entrance) level.

-t

Edited by turtle777