Hey!

RedToken

Hey I started playing TLD after the last Steam Sale. It's been a great game so far. Typically I am on Day of Defeat Source in my Unit The 1st MRB. I have 2 cats, 2 bunnies, and 2 hamsters, oh and I'm married lol... should have thrown that in earlier I guess.

I haven't been apart of an online community in awhile besides the Unit so I am definitely looking forward to becoming apart of this one.

I haven't been apart of an online community in awhile besides the Unit so I am definitely looking forward to becoming apart of this one.

Happy to have you here and glad you chose to join us! This is a great community, and we have equally great interactions on our Steam and Reddit pages, so please feel free to explore! Lots of great things and people to discover, and we're always excited to have new members :)

Welcome! Enjoy your stay, this is a pretty cool place.

As an aside: I cannot stand reddit (the format is so painful to read) and I really don't like it when developers use it to communicate to their "fans", because you're really only talking to a segment of your fans that use reddit (obviously). The Kerbal Space Program guys do this almost exclusively, to the point where the official forum users have to post announcements than are gleaned from reddit dev posts. Hinterland, you guys seem to be active here, which is awesome! Please remember not everyone uses reddit, and (to me) the proper place for announcements and player interaction is through official channels (website, forum etc). :)

As an aside: I cannot stand reddit (the format is so painful to read) and I really don't like it when developers use it to communicate to their "fans", because you're really only talking to a segment of your fans that use reddit (obviously). The Kerbal Space Program guys do this almost exclusively, to the point where the official forum users have to post announcements than are gleaned from reddit dev posts. Hinterland, you guys seem to be active here, which is awesome! Please remember not everyone uses reddit, and (to me) the proper place for announcements and player interaction is through official channels (website, forum etc). :)

Actually I completely agree. I knew that I wouldn't be able to actively partake in the real discussion. Not that Reddit is being ignored. But you are right in the fact that not everyone uses Reddit.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep! That's why we are here, on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and Steam as well as growing on Youtube and Twitch. Gotta be where the people are :)

Archived