Long time on TLD, I'm curios.

LTL King

It's been awhile since TLD came out.
Expanded the team.
Through a whole story mode and still adding great content events and things.

I'm curios if there are any thoughts on the next project/sequal.
Maybe same event but different setting. After Mcenzie finally made it out and decided to take a vacation.
He took a flight to Euorope or back and while over the North Pole the plane goes down. Ohhh. Here we go again.
Maybe he made it south to warmer weather looking for civilization and now has to survive in a mild forest.
Maybe a desert where you have to deal with the sun and heat exaustion.
Survival on ANTARTICA.

I'm not saying it's time to move on if you have more content planned.
Just wondering if there are any ideas rumbling around up there.
All good things have to come to an end at some point.

I'd be all for a seuqual to the story finally seeing Mckenzie escape the area and have to survive in a different setting.

• Upvote 1

I think they are going to keep the game going for many years to come. I think the games story will expand past the 5 episodes of Wintermute. But where you think there is going to be a sequel, I think the story will wrap up, and come to a very satisfying end. I believe that Wintermute is a story bigger than we think. I think that episode 4, and even more episode 5 will see many flashbacks, and fill us in with a ton of information about the pair of Mackenzie and Astrid, and a ton of information about Great Bear and the collapse. But where you say a sequel to The Long Dark, I don't think that's going to happen for a very long time. I do think it would be interesting seeing Great Bear in the fall, and or summer though.

Edited by theisaactrain

I think they will continue dedication to TLD for quite awhile, but new projects won't have association to TLD.  I don't see a "sequel" in the classic sense.  Creative people always want to explore new ideas, even though they are still excited and dedicated by previous universes.  I'm sure there are new ideas they are working on.

I'm all for them continuing on with wintermute.
I'm restarting as part 4 was added and I'm sure there's more.

As I stated.

On 12/7/2020 at 10:57 PM, LTL King said:

I'm not saying it's time to move on if you have more content planned.

Just wondering if there are any ideas rumbling around up there.
All good things have to come to an end at some point.

So if they have more, then keep adding.

I just thought about it looked into how long it's been since release. It's been 3 yrs since release and probably 2-3 before release as most (not all) of the core aspects were in place before they made it public.
Your talking at least 5-6 yrs.
What's next?
Just saying I'd like to see another game from them. Posibly a survival as this is the best survival I've ever seen that is the most realistic.
Once you die about 40 times in the 1st 10 days before you figure out how to survive. What's next? I'm sure there has been other ideas rumbling around up there.

Expand the team and break into 2 teams and realease another game and continue to work on an already great game and
We'd have 2 great games to play.

2 hours ago, dbmurph22 said:

Creative people always want to explore new ideas, even though they are still excited and dedicated by previous universes.  I'm sure there are new ideas they are working on.

Yes. What is it? I want in. Let me know before anyone else. Beta testor needed? Just let me know?

Maybe they are already working on something and we don't know it. wink wink nudge nudge. Spoilers welcomed here. Mums the word.
What are they cooking up, up there.

Edited by LTL King