Replace Cabin Fever with Darkwalker

acada

I think the Darkwalker fits in the common game. As the character is long time alone, the head can just create things, terrible things. So the game could be spiced up with real cabin fever aka Darkwalker. Of course it would not chase you indefinitelly. Just out of the house till you sleep of the cabin fever outside. His slow movement and the way how it moves only in real time makes escape not hard.

Cabin fever probability would be probability of Darkwalker emerging. He should be emerging only if the probability is > 0 and character sleeps indoor.

The scenario would be like: Character has cabin fever risk. Goes to sleep indoor. Then it is awaken by anxiety. He has to vacate the building and search for outdoor sleeping. It has to be in some distance in order to gain on the darkwalker. Then sleep of the cabin fever.

I am not sure if the fear should decrease health and if darkwalker should be able to kill player. Maybe not. Maybe just his presence could cause inability to sleep. And the fog could be present, but again not lethal.

I think the Darkwalk fits in with the Halloween/Horror aesthetic of the event (and later the updated challenge based on it)... but I do not think it would "fit in" to Survival Mode very well at all.

Personally, I like cabin fever just fine in it's current iteration.  Additionally, while I do like the "Darkwalker" in the context of a Challenge Mode or Limited Event, but I would not like it if it were to invade the rest of the game.

I prefer Survival Mode in it's current state over the idea of adding more overt supernatural elements.  For me, the aurora is about as much sci-fi and/or fantasy I'd want to have in my Survival Sandbox.

:coffee::fire:
While I do see what you're getting at... I'd just rather not have anything like the Darkwalker get implemented into Survival Mode.  I think it's best for events/challenges.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 6