Map Glitch

Kriseleven

After a random amount of time in game, the game freezes so that the display is frozen and needs to be shut down via windows or steam. Then when I reload the game and that file, there is no longer a cursor on the map showing me my character's location. Makes survival in unfamiliar maps nearly impossible with the fog. Anyone else seeing this/have a suggestion?

No freezing, but I also lose the map marker for my position. I wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not. Probably not because I also didn't have a fog meter one time, after the first 15 min. if that makes a difference.

I usually see the map marker for myself in the first one or two regions and then it goes away.

I also sometimes get structure markers and sometimes not.

Edited by Bearly Alive

On 11/1/2020 at 6:56 PM, Kriseleven said:

After a random amount of time in game, the game freezes so that the display is frozen and needs to be shut down via windows or steam. Then when I reload the game and that file, there is no longer a cursor on the map showing me my character's location. Makes survival in unfamiliar maps nearly impossible with the fog. Anyone else seeing this/have a suggestion?

Yes, I've also had the same issue with the player cursor disappearing from the map.

I've also had the game repeatedly freeze on me (usually when going in and out of regions, caves, doors, etc. (only in Darkwalker mode)), here's a potential solution that so far, is working for me:

https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051443772-Escape-the-Darkwalker-Crashing-and-Visual-Issues