Trampled by Mpose in first region

vidholf

...and thus I proceed to discover one can Skyrim down from this point. 🙂

Got through PV and ML. Darkwalker catches up with me as I'm leaving the exit from ML in Mountain Town. I'm so scared, I just Skyrim down the first cliff, fall, break a few things. Darkwalks is on me again... Pop a stimulant, run the rest of the way to the rope up into the rest of the region, get halfway up and the stimulant dies.

Climb back down, pop another stimulant, and make it up and all the way to the house on the hill above Milton, where I sleep for 12 hours. I make it the next fire, then to the rope down into the basin, and... CANNOT CLIMB WITH A BROKEN LIMB. So... Skyriming it is, then.

Make it down without too much damage, and then on to the exit. Darkwalker catches up with me in FM, as I leave the cave that takes you out to the top of the region. Manage to run away (Ward + Lure in the same spot seems really useful for that). Head for the fire.

Fall through thin ice twice. Barely make it to the green fire. Pull out the Bear Skin Rug and sleep for 12 hours. Wake up, realize I'm lost. Wander around, end up near the entrance to ML. Turn back the right way. More Darkwalker (Ward+Lure again). Keep running. Hit thin ice again on the way down. Three times in a row and...

20201101120111_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, TFA303 said:

Makes sense  - the TWM green fire is located right next to a bear den and a moose spawn point. I got chased by the bear and stuck freezing and sleepless on a ledge after collecting that note.

Actually the Moose was way over the other side of there, between the cabin and the exit to PV. I've never seen one there (near the birch trees and the landing gear), so was totally surprised - enough not to remember to pull the Flare Pistol out soon enough.

13 minutes ago, vidholf said:

Actually the Moose was way over the other side of there, between the cabin and the exit to PV. I've never seen one there (near the birch trees and the landing gear), so was totally surprised - enough not to remember to pull the Flare Pistol out soon enough.

Really?  I'd have panicked, too!

6 hours ago, chillgamesh said:

That's surprising since I read somewhere here that predators don't spawn for the first day or so. Is that not actually true? Or do we not count moose as predators

I did another run starting in Broken Railroad. No bear, no wolves the entire time I was in the region - and all during the first 24 hours of in-game time. But the Moose was up near the Hunting Lodge (and this time I noticed it before it noticed me). So I would guess that predators don't spawn in the first 24 hours on Voyager and Pilgrim, which seems to be close to the difficulty level of Escape the Darkwalker (aside from all the special event difficulties).