A graphics problem

Southerner in Snow

541886334_Screenshot(372).thumb.png.8b1ce1193a2b8797d016886cbf337137.pngI have been playing The long dark for a while and wanted to get it for my laptop. I got it on the microsoft store because i already owned it. Anyway once i started it up i nticed this wierd green and purple pixel haze around certain objects, most notably on things like telepohone wires or car tires or any other sharp edges. i assume this is an anti aliasing issue since no other games i have on this laptop have this problem so i know its not graphics card related. if you have any experience with this or any help to offer please help.

Maybe is it better to post this on the technical issues sub-forum? Probably they can help you. In my experience, I play this game in a laptop with Windows 10 and don't have any problem related with graphics. Which is your graphic card? Could be it doesn't meet the requirements.

Sounds like you may need to turn SSAO off in the "Quality" section under "Settings" as it may not be properly supported by your laptop's video card.

ETA: Or maybe just down... experimentation is called for here.

Edited by stratvox

Guest jeffpeng

You by any chance got one of these Intel Laptops with Iris graphics? My wife's MB Pro (uhm.... 8th gen Intel CPU?) had this bug even under windows, and there was no remedy. Sadly can't test it anymore since the machine succumbed to a broken display cable due to "liquid damage". Yeah, I know. Just Apple things. Anyways... ^^