How many points does crafting 6 bullets give you?

Data-0

Casting bullets would get you 1 point for each lead plate takes an hour and yields 6 bullets.  Two car batteries worth of lead plates should be 12 plates so 12 points.  It would take 12 hours of casting and you'll have 72 bullets.   I vaguely recall, but am not sure, that each round of ammunition crafted counts as 1 point.  

Basically any successful Gunsmithing related task contributes 1 point.  Crafting bullets, 1 point.  Crafting gunpowder, 1 point.  Crafting a cartridge, 1 point.  Successfully harvesting a cartridge, 1 point.  Except the Practical Gunsmithing book of course, which is 5 points on completion.

And yes it takes some planning but getting 17 batteries' worth of lead (16 batteries plus 4 plates from the 17th) to Bleak Inlet is not an overall difficult task, just time consuming.  However it's also the only way to get to level 5 without failing a crafting attempt and wasting resources.

11 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Basically any successful Gunsmithing related task contributes 1 point.  Crafting bullets, 1 point.  Crafting gunpowder, 1 point.  Crafting a cartridge, 1 point.  Successfully harvesting a cartridge, 1 point.  Except the Practical Gunsmithing book of course, which is 5 points on completion.

And yes it takes some planning but getting 17 batteries' worth of lead (16 batteries plus 4 plates from the 17th) to Bleak Inlet is not an overall difficult task, just time consuming.  However it's also the only way to get to level 5 without failing a crafting attempt and wasting resources.

Well...I'll certainly have my work setup for some time.

BTW what's some stuff you consider difficult to actually do? Because most of the stuff in TLD isn't really that hard, just time consuming so i'm just wondering :D  

4 hours ago, Data-0 said:

BTW what's some stuff you consider difficult to actually do?

Shooting a bear and failing to drop it, dodging at the last second, and circle-strafing it until it dies.

Also, successfully navigating the southern portion of Forlorn Muskeg at night during a raging blizzard.

Edit: Almost forgot, taking out a timberwolf pack that is already hostile towards you with the survival bow.

Edited by ajb1978

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd provide some information about gunsmithing.  I play in Pilgrim so predators like timberwolves do not pose any problem. 

I read two Practical Gunsmithing books which were all I found in the areas I actually visited (I didn't go to Mountain Town or Hushed River Valley) which got me to approximately skill 2.4 (level 2 and 40% of the way through level 2).

Since I couldn't find any more books, I brought 102 lead plates to the workshop which was pretty much all the lead plates from car batteries in my sandbox except for places I did not go to.  I also had 12 dusting sulfurs, 6 stump remover, and 3 cans of gunpowder.  I also had like almost 30 each of revolver and rifle cartridges. I also had about half a ton of charcoal :)

In getting to Level 5 Master, I used 35 lead plates, crafted 6 tins of gunpowder, crafted about 40 rounds of Great rifle and revolver ammunition. 

Details (approximate, I tried to keep track):

Level

2.4          2 books, Practical Gunsmithing (10 points each).

3.0         8 castings, 48 bullets.

3.5       11 castings, 66 bullets.

4.0        9 castings, 54 bullets.

4.1       6 gunpowder

4.5      20 rifle and revolver ammo

5.0       7 castings, 42 bullets, and maybe 11 rifle and 6 revolver cartridges. 

I found casting bullets seemed to be more effective at advancing skill. Reloading cartridge cases seemed similar.  Crafting gunpowder okay but not as good.  

Of course YMMV.  :)