Feels on the latest update, spraycans

wizard03

Had a bit of a run the other day on the current event, and I must say, it was both tough and forgiving…...like your on interloper as far as the weather is concerned, but pilgrim when it came to the loot.....shame I decided to try and take a bear down during an aroura. If it wasn't for that, Id be out scavenging right now.

With that said, Iv had a chance to also look into the spray cans, polaroid's, and the new mapping system...…..First off, I love the new polaroid picture rewards. I actually kinda care about trying to make a map now. Before I just stuck to what was in my head. I still do, lets face it, I don't have to pause the game to figure out where Im at and where Im going, but the extra details I seen in the map after I hit the charcoal ontop of radio hill in pleasant valley was very worth while. Knowing if a dead body spawned in or not before actually walking out to it is very useful.

Next, the spray cans.....gotta say, I wish I had more symbols to use. Granted, the ones we have now are necessary and I would not change them, but I feel like I needed extra symbols so that in a very long game, say 500 days, I would know how much stuff I left behind, and if any of it was good or bad. More markers or custom made markers please!

Last but not least, Im a big big big fan of the current event setup.....cold, harsh, but abundant resources to scavenge…..would like to see another one this way......heck, maybe just a pure "scavenger" game.....no hunting, no tools {except for the prybar} see how long you can last with just you ability to sort through the good stuff, or steal kills from wolves.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 4:32 PM, peteloud said:

I completely ignore them.

It is the same with Stone Caches

They do have nice map markers you can reference, but yeah otherwise I feel like you can just take good notes and store stuff next to a landmark instead. I've never really used them.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:37 PM, wizard03 said:

extra symbols so that in a very long game, say 500 days, I would know how much stuff I left behind

You could always write down an exact inventory of items you left at a corresponding symbol shown on the map.

Edited by darkscaryforest

On 7/27/2020 at 2:37 AM, wizard03 said:

would like to see another one this way......heck, maybe just a pure "scavenger" game.....no hunting, no tools {except for the prybar} see how long you can last with just you ability to sort through the good stuff, or steal kills from wolves.

Well, there's always Deadman's Challenge...