Food items

MariaWB

A naturally occurring coffee substitute that can be gathered like rose hips and mushrooms etc.

A way to preserve meat, such as smoking it to make jerky and drying fish to make dried fish, so its shelf life becomes much higher. You will eventually run out of forageable food and bullets/arrows to shoot wildlife.

Cup-o-soup packets. Not the kind that comes with the cup, but the kind that comes in little sachets to make instant 'broth'. Sometimes you want to warm up, but neither coffee or tea is appropriate.

Edited by MariaWB
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MariaWB said:

A naturally occurring coffee substitute that can be gathered like rose hips and mushrooms etc.

A way to preserve meat, such as smoking it to make jerky and drying fish to make dried fish, so its shelf life becomes much higher. You will eventually run out of forageable food and bullets/arrows to shoot wildlife.

Cup-o-soup packets. Not the kind that comes with the cup, but the kind that comes in little sachets to make instant 'broth'. Sometimes you want to warm up, but neither coffee or tea is appropriate.

1. I don't know if you took inspiration from "dandelion coffee", but if memory serves that actually doesn't have any caffeine. Additionally, I think coffee's rarity and the fact it is a finite "man-made" type of object is fitting for just how powerful it can be.

2.I couldn't tell you with certainty or link posts, but I'm pretty confident this is a highly requested feature. Not sure if Hinterland will add it just because of popularity, but it certainly has better chances than co-op ;}  Still, though, 0% meat can be cooked and eaten somewhat safely (you can now get food poisoning from it) but if you have cooking 5 it's completely safe to eat, so it's almost/literally non-perishable.

3.We already have peaches, tomato soup, beans, etc. I think this could be cool, I'm all for variety, so simply adding new items for "variety" is good enough for me ^^ except when it's a pure evil food item like ketchup chips which hardly has any caloric value but tears your throat to shreds  but I personally can't think of a scenario where you would need to warm up, but coffee and tea is not appropriate. (except WE, maybe.)

Edited by Lumi
I don't know how formatting posts work :P

15 hours ago, Lumi said:

3.We already have peaches, tomato soup, beans, etc. I think this could be cool, I'm all for variety, so simply adding new items for "variety" is good enough for me ^^ except when it's a pure evil food item like ketchup chips which hardly has any caloric value but tears your throat to shreds  but I personally can't think of a scenario where you would need to warm up, but coffee and tea is not appropriate. (except WE, maybe.)

Yeah, but cans are so dang heavy. A little back of soup sachets would be easy peasy to carry around

5 hours ago, MariaWB said:

Yeah, but cans are so dang heavy. A little back of soup sachets would be easy peasy to carry around

Water is pretty heavy too. Could be misremembering but I think it's a direct liter - kilo weight and these would presumably be .25 liters or .25 kilos of water to carry about for soup. 

Also (and I'm not sure how I didn't realize this until JUST yesterday) birch bark tea is one of the few "true" renewables (as I call them, as in renewable past beach combing). That, and they have a universally helpful status effect, restoring condition.

Putting ALL that aside, I'd like to finish by saying I like this idea and would be happy to see it, because I like variety!

Thanks for the cool suggestions, welcome to the forums! ^^