this is frustrating

johnrocker

last man near molly's land when I carrying him every time some  damn wolves appear and again and again.my  blue flare not enough. this is joke or something?!  lost blood  everytime. tried back up saves. every  bullet everything is count dont wanna waste because aiming so hard.sick and tired  every time load a back up save.I stock this part.even I got  super stuff  wolf made coat  and rabbit gloves lost blood.there are too many and normal flares doesn't work for them.  even if managed to deal with one wolves with one bullet shot  wolf crew appear again and again.

trying to get some sleep maybe  just  wolves  go somewhere else.but no still there still wait.most frustrated part all of the wintermute. I really regret playing on the hardest difficulty I guess.any suggestions?maybe alternative route to way back? because directly towards on  molly's  territory is the shortest but definetly impossible to reach the community house.

Edited by johnrocker
  • Upvote 1

If you're having trouble handling the wolves while protecting the survivor, leave the survivor behind and take the wolves out on your own.  The wolves always attack at the same spot on the map, so you can plan ahead.  If you build a fire and place the survivor next to it, they'll be fine for a while.  You can forge on ahead, take out the wolf pack, then go back for them once the coast is clear.

Or alternatively, another strategy I've heard people use is to nurse the survivor up to 100% health first...then use them as bait.  Using a blue flare to keep themselves safe and wait until a wolf starts attacking the survivor so it stays in one place and make it an easy target, then shoot the wolf.  Wait for the next wolf to attack, shoot it, and repeat until the pack is dead.  Then nurse the survivor back to health and bring them to the community center.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

If you're having trouble handling the wolves while protecting the survivor, leave the survivor behind and take the wolves out on your own.  The wolves always attack at the same spot on the map, so you can plan ahead.  If you build a fire and place the survivor next to it, they'll be fine for a while.  You can forge on ahead, take out the wolf pack, then go back for them once the coast is clear.

Or alternatively, another strategy I've heard people use is to nurse the survivor up to 100% health first...then use them as bait.  Using a blue flare to keep themselves safe and wait until a wolf starts attacking the survivor so it stays in one place and make it an easy target, then shoot the wolf.  Wait for the next wolf to attack, shoot it, and repeat until the pack is dead.  Then nurse the survivor back to health and bring them to the community center.

somehow  managed and  defeat them.  just make a way alternative route through near the main road. by the way,   blue flares definately  more effective than bullet. well,  episode 3 now finished.:) looking forward to 4 and 5. now time to more spend on survival mode. 

Edited by johnrocker

I vouch for the strategy of:

- bring lots of sticks.

- get survivor to 100% before you set out.

- travel with your back to a wall & limited approach for the wolves - I used the river.

- The instant the timberwolf music begins, get beside a wall, drop survivor & make a quick fire & add a few sticks.

- By the time the fire is roaring, the wolves will be pacing nearby. Watch your back! Put a bullet in a couple & they will break. Or repeat throwing a blue flare at them & pick it back up.

- The instant they break, sprint back to your survivor & continue on. You will always get 2-3 scripted encounters per survivor. If you take too long, you'll get more I think.

You don't have to rescue all 3 in the same day. Fire starter liquid is very helpful.

Edited by Sherri