Prepper Cache's on Mystery Lake

Maniac

Quite simply, have they been removed for Winter's Embrace?

I'm well versed in all possible cache locations after playing for so long and, unless I'm going crazy, they've either been removed or have been moved to new locations/slightly altered locations from where you usually find them.

Has anyone else come across this, or have they spawned for you?

🥶

1 hour ago, Maniac said:

Quite simply, have they been removed for Winter's Embrace?

I saw someone mention that they found a food cache in ML but it did not have any syrup.  That being said, I also know the cache sites quite well and in my last two excursion into ML have not been able to locate any of them either.  Same goes for PV.    I would have loved finding the clothing bunker as the last time I found it, there was a brand new expedition parka and a decent pair of insulated boots!  

Curious.. 🤔

So potentially they've moved location, or don't spawn the same as the regular survival mode - in the sense that perhaps there's a chance it won't spawn at all instead of the 1 out of 9 locations.

Anyone else confirm they've found a bunker or not? Any comments from a dev perhaps?

If I know one hasn't spawned I can move onto the next area in the world 😊

I've found both a ML cache and a PV cache in the same WE playthrough. 

The PV cache was a food one that had no maple syrup and the ML cache was the tools one and that did have a placed maple syrup (wasn't container rng).  The fact that there was a placed maple syrup would suggest to me that they are supposed to spawn but who knows.

Obviously, i've only got one save file to confirm it on so far, but plan on starting a new one at some point today.

I've found one in ML- not sure which category but lots of food and clothing, inc. maple syrup (and a very valuable hunting knife in the air vent,  woo-hoo!).  hadn't realised they now show on the map after the cartographer update- bit ironic as you can for the first time mark them 'manually' with the spray... however it didn't show up when I had mapped the area via the polaroid earlier in the run, I still had to get a visual then map.

it was in one of the 'usual' positions too.