can someone skool me in this rock cache feature?

piddy3825

I need a how to lesson on building one of these things.  I haven't built one yet and maybe I just forgot to turn something on, but isn't there supposed to be an icon or something in the radial menu to build it.  Is there a setting I forgot to switch, like autowalk?  I really think this might come in handy this time around playing the new update. 

Please and thank you!

It's under Navigation -- bottom/center on the radial menu.  Like a snow shelter, you need the materials in your inventory to build it.  Namely: 50 stones.

It can be a pain rounding up the stones but the cache is super useful as some extra outdoor storage (30kg!) in a remote place. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

It's under Navigation -- bottom/center on the radial menu.  Like a snow shelter, you need the materials in your inventory to build it.  Namely: 50 stones.

It can be a pain rounding up the stones but the cache is super useful as some extra outdoor storage (30kg!) in a remote place. 

do you have to have the 50 stones to see the icon, or have I been looking in the wrong place the whole time?

7 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

do you have to have the 50 stones to see the icon, or have I been looking in the wrong place the whole time?

Hi @piddy3825. You don't need to have stones in your inventory to see it. It'll just be greyed out. 

Start by holding space and going to the navigation menu (the south/bottom most menu).

Nav.thumb.jpg.2cfcd6b40cd2d72ca6ee4dd7155ff5bb.jpg

The Rock cache should be the west/left most option.

Rock.thumb.jpg.379bc195052da98617cacf06b3a005ec.jpg

If it's not there, go to your title screen where all the options are and check your version number in the upper left hand corner. It should read "BUILD # 1.79 63945" which is the latest version released.

Version.thumb.jpg.53428177e22997ed186e041ca2bb1526.jpg

Let me know if you're still having problems.

Edited by Abby
Moved screen shots to line up with steps.
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Abby said:

Hi @piddy3825. You don't need to have stones in your inventory to see it. It'll just be greyed out. 

Start by holding space and going to the navigation menu (the south/bottom most menu).

Nav.thumb.jpg.2cfcd6b40cd2d72ca6ee4dd7155ff5bb.jpg

The Rock cache should be the west/left most option.

Rock.thumb.jpg.379bc195052da98617cacf06b3a005ec.jpg

If it's not there, go to your title screen where all the options are and check your version number in the upper left hand corner. It should read "BUILD # 1.79 63945" which is the latest version released.

Version.thumb.jpg.53428177e22997ed186e041ca2bb1526.jpg

Let me know if you're still having problems.

thank you, I just have not been looking in the right place this whole time... 

Gonna have to give it a go when I get a chance to play again next!

2 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

thank you, I just have not been looking in the right place this whole time... 

Gonna have to give it a go when I get a chance to play again next!

Good luck! 😄

• Upvote 1