Playing in the sandbox - how much time do you spend decorating?

piddy3825

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

Well now I feel like a jerk lol.  That was not my intent behind my choice of words, it was just reminiscing about the past.  I still have the fateful screenshot--pure luck that the hide cured where it did--that set me on the path.  Serendipity is a powerful force!

Please don't feel that way good sir!  I'm so thankful that you shared your discovery with me way back when, as it has brought me the greatest pleasure these past few years.  I don't know if I ever told you, but I was censored by a member of the admin team a few years back when i posted a pic of rabbit hides i had cured on the pegboard in the gas station.  Somebody had accused me of using a mod to do so and my work was pulled.  It was only after a few email exchanges with Raphael where I had to explain the glitch that I was exonerated and my screenshots allowed to be reposted.  Your discovery is probably one of the main reasons why I am still playing in the sandbox!  
I love you, man!  I also love showing off the practical part of said discovery.  Here's what caused all the drama back then...

screen_a398836e-d7f6-4002-9861-49d97789c464_hi.thumb.png.b20b94fd5947771e71aafd07676eed6a.png

I just added the pelt to the center peg 2nd from the top down.  with a little jiggling I recently found that I can "layer" to a certain extent.  gonna go trap some more rabbits now to see where I can go with this!

Edited by piddy3825
added pics
  • Like 1

My favorite base camp so far is the quonset garage in coastal highway. Just utilizing all the shelves.. work benches... storage lockers.... medicine cabinets as you would in real life. Also the huge garage area is good for laying out hides and guts and saplings and being able to organize them.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

While Pleasant Valley is not my preferred choice of places to live, I would like to draw your attention to Thompson's Crossing.  The part of town west of the bridge is not patrolled by wolves, it has a moose spawn point to the north, and there are a whopping 12 cooking surfaces in close proximity.  Community center, 6 on the stove, 2 more on the fireplace.  2 on the grill out behind the rural store, and 2 more on the grill in the park with the swing set.  It's not an efficient use of fuel to get all those fires going at once, but it is a very quick way to grill that moose you just shot.

Huh. I didn't know there was a moose in Pleasant Valley. I guess I just stuck with the known spawn points in Mystery Lake, Mountain Town and Broken Railroad lol. I am currently looking for a Moose at the moment so I can get the satchel, I'll have to remember to go take a look ^_^

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PrincessAutumn said:

Huh. I didn't know there was a moose in Pleasant Valley. 

There's a couple of spots that the moose seems to frequent, one is just off in the birch trees by the furthest hay shed with the tractor just a short way from the barn and the other is up near Pensive Pond.  I've run into the moose a few times up near the pond and the fishing shack there makes for a good place to camp out while you are stalking him.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

It was only after a few email exchanges with Raphael where I had to explain the glitch that I was exonerated and my screenshots allowed to be reposted.

This honestly is the reason why I back Hinterland 200%.  As in, not only am I completely in their corner, I will actively argue in their defense against anyone that has a complaint.  Raph has kept his eye on the prize, but has not forgotten the players who ultimately keep this dream alive.  And also, kudos to the support team.  I've reported bugs that initially received what amounted to a "this is user error, please try again" response, but when I provided solid evidence and documentation of the issue, they took it seriously, and the  problem was patched.  I've worked tech support, I get both sides.  Usually it IS user error, but the fact that they acknowledged the issue after reviewing that evidence, and passed it along to the development team to patch the issue speaks very highly of their commitment to providing a solid user experience.

Ultimately we're all in this together.  Players, devs, critics....all of us.  And if you ever find yourself in the vicinity of the Paradise Meadows Farmstead, I've got a moose meat steak with your name on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1