foxes

haydenthebrave

lots of us drop uncooked meat outside of where we reside to prevent it from rotting, if it is dropped from the inventory nothing will eat it.

but, what if, foxes. they would follow a player with high scent around, waiting for them to drop their meat or rose-hips, and when they do the fox could sweep in and yank the meat, sprinting off with it, maybe even from the characters inventory if they don't keep the foxes at bay.

alongside that they would skulk around until a player enters his/her cabin and it would thieve the meat, fish, or rose-hips sitting outside. running away to designated burrows (much like bear caves) to feast upon the stolen food.

they could also be the primary hunters of rabbits. and prey to wolves.

they wouldn't attack the player, unless they have a full scent indicator and the fox was hungry, at which they would do minimal lacerations.

(i feel bad saying this) but they could also be hunted for their hide, an instakill much like rabbits with maybe the exception of rocks stunning them.
their hides could be made into scarves. or maybe better ear wraps to go into the accessories category.

one day if crows gain the ability to land foxes could hunt them. and bring them back to their burrows. where the player could collect dropped feathers. or when the fox isn't home scour its den for little snig bits of loot, of course angering the fox if it is to come back and see this.

i recon the addition of the fox, or a similar creature is much needed, wolves are currently our smallest carnivorous creatures and i could see the fox being just this little neuscence for players to have to deal with, or even (am i the only one who does this with wolves) leave spare meat out for them, it would spice up long haul trips with a lil furry friend (more like ratbag) following you around and giving you something to keep on your toes about.

feel free to tell me what you think, im open to criticism :)

• Upvote 1

Yes many new animals have been suggested before, and for scavenging your outdoor food, Bears should do this as well but I think there was a discussion to many players would not like it if all their hard earned work of getting food was gone the next day. But yeah if main cabins all had those outside storage boxes for food, bear safe it might work well. If your in a cave well different story guard it with your life/gun.

The Arctic Fox could be a nice to see in this game.

Edited by nicko

i do agree with lynxes, they'd be a cool addition. and mountain lions too, HRV sounds like they're kinda place 😜
but i do recon we need a creature that scavenges the players dropped food items.

as for safe boxes maybe the player could have the option to fill a cabinet with snow, and the rest of the cabinet with meat, and say every day or so you had to re-fill it. that could be a cool mechanic when it comes to safe guarding your food from one-day scavengers that may be added to the game.

but in general i think we need a few smaller creatures, foxes, bob cats and so on.

it would be a nice addition.