Bleak Inlet Cannery Workshop Platforming

dahemac

The platforming needed to get to the entrance of the Cannery Workshop may, or may not, be interesting once. However it is tedious and absurd subsequently. This is especially true since there are two ladders in the workshop, a folding tall step ladder and a tall straight ladder. The previous, presumably dead, dude who put up the platforms must have been pretty far gone. The system he put up is nuts. More so since he could easily have tied the beginning climbing rope at the last bit where the gap in the dock prevents crossing, eliminating most of the round-about nonsense. It would be sensible, once a player has entered the workshop to allow them to rig the step ladder and or the straight ladder so that they can bypass the platforming. This is what a person would certainly do.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

It was fine the first time. It had an element of exploration and of the unexpected. I was generally quite nervous finding the path, more so because even though I had just driven them off, the Cannery timberwolves went mad when I was above them and would have torn me to ribbons had I fallen. However now that I am established at Bleak Inlet I traverse that circuitous path multiple times a day. No one would keep doing that, particularly the jump down onto the boat, if they could just move the climbing point or lean one of the ladders somewhere. I find going all the way around, every time, the worst part of that region. The game should just allow a shortcut once you gain access to the Workshop. Going all the way around over, and over, and over and over… adds nothing to the game.