Almost lost one

MrWolf

I keep forgetting about the current bug where carcasses sometimes fall through the ice after I go through a loading screen.  I just killed a bear in Coastal Highway during a blizzard.  I waited in the fishing hut until it got dark and I ran out of wood to keep the fire going.  The blizzard was still raging so I ran to Misanthrope's for the night and found this the next day.  Whew, almost lost another one.  A few in-game weeks earlier, I shot a bear in Desolation Point and it walked itself under the road near the Hibernia entrance.  Bear and two arrows totally gone that time.

I keep telling myself to remember to harvest or quarter the carcass before going through a loading screen, but I usually get distracted by something else and forget.

almost.png.7e601edc8d64bbc1fdc112b62237800c.png

Hate it when this happens! I've had a run of bad luck with deer on the ice lately. I swear the bow hits have been nerfed a bit with this recent update, because I used to be a one-shot killer with deer but now it seems even perfect shots sometimes result in deer taking off with your arrow. When I find them, sometimes it's only the antlers poking out of the ice and nothing to harvest. Super frustrating.. loss of time, meat, and arrows.

My other favorite is when you shoot something on the ice, only to have it come to rest on thin ice where you can't harvest it. Nearly lost a bear at DP recently due to this.

305620_screenshots_20190730192834_1.thumb.jpg.4ef226bd3c5b7d93db06da4390248ae8.jpg

Iv not had this issue before, but with that said, I noticed that 25% of all the wolves in DP seem to magically spawn underground over by the stone church. Ill get the braking and growling, but no sign of said woolfy… And then he starts growling literally underneath me....yeah, it happened quite frequently.

Guest jeffpeng
29 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Iv not had this issue before, but with that said, I noticed that 25% of all the wolves in DP seem to magically spawn underground over by the stone church. Ill get the braking and growling, but no sign of said woolfy… And then he starts growling literally underneath me....yeah, it happened quite frequently.

In general I feel like the "spawning underground" issues are more pronounced lately. Before there was the odd underground bear - something I experienced maybe 3 times in as many years. Now I had an underground bear at the radio tower in PV, an underground wolf at the Milton farm and an underground Moose in the Milton Basin in a matter of days. Plus the sinking corpses .... *sigh ... Errant Pilgrim really tests loyal players. I seriously vote for the next update to be titled "Unrelenting Bugfixer" or "Fanatic Refactorer" and come with the kind of content you'd expect from such a name ....

On 1/6/2020 at 7:56 PM, wizard03 said:

I've heard that underground wolf by stone church, too.  The other day, I was in DP walking across the bridge toward the church and lighthouse.  I had smelly things in my inventory and I saw a wolf coming toward me on the snow on the lighthouse side of the road.  I saw the wolf sink into a snowbank and by the sounds, he was still coming for me.  I backed up over the bridge, sure that the wolf would pop back up above the terrain once it got to the bridge.  Nope, I heard it charging and by then I was at the other side of the bridge.  It came all the way across the bridge invisible to me and appeared out of nowhere for a struggle.

• 2 weeks later...