READ THIS - UPDATE

MueckE

I just started TlD to test and i had similar issues as others posted already (sound/graphics).

After the disclaimer, the screen went black stayed like this (no sound, no intro). After a while there suddenly was the sound of the mainscreen (fire, wind noise), but still black.

Long story short, i tryed to verify my steamfiles and it actually worked for me (although these things normally never work :p)

So If you have trouble with the sound and or graphics try to verify your steamfiles.

PS: I didn't try to play Ep3 for now (no time), so i maybe post an update on this. Just wanted to share that it helped me to at least start the game and start sandbox.

2 hours ago, MueckE said:

I just started TlD to test and i had similar issues as others posted already (sound/graphics).

After the disclaimer, the screen went black stayed like this (no sound, no intro). After a while there suddenly was the sound of the mainscreen (fire, wind noise), but still black.

Long story short, i tryed to verify my steamfiles and it actually worked for me (although these things normally never work :p)

So If you have trouble with the sound and or graphics try to verify your steamfiles.

PS: I didn't try to play Ep3 for now (no time), so i maybe post an update on this. Just wanted to share that it helped me to at least start the game and start sandbox.

We've released a fix for Steam players on Windows 7 machines. If it doesn't download automatically, be sure to restart your Steam client to trigger it. 

• Like 1

• Hinterland
13 hours ago, ehevutov said:

Thank you for this, but I checked file integrity and that didn't work. Did a full uninstall, manually deleted the directory as well, reboot, then re-install, and that didn't work either. Character voices still don't work right after i enter conversation. Game trailer intro sound doesn't work either.

Based on your other post in this sub-forum, I assume this issue has been fixed for you? If so, please clean up this post as well.

• Hinterland
19 hours ago, MueckE said:

Please get the fix we released yesterday and if it has addressed your issue, please update this thread. Also, do not use subjects like "READ THIS" -- just use a descriptive subject like "I need help", or "is the audio broken?" or whatever the issues is.

On 10/23/2019 at 10:34 AM, Raphael van Lierop said:

Based on your other post in this sub-forum, I assume this issue has been fixed for you? If so, please clean up this post as well.

Yes, everything is fine now. The cut scene skipping stopped after the update, and the sound issue was user error. This is the best TLD update yet. Congratulations!