Inter run has me questioning my sanity.

TheUnknown

Well i just started a new inter run yesterday and lets just say its one weird and lucky thing after another. I of course got spawned on timberwolf mountain. Out of about 20 plays 13-15 of them have been on twm. Well this playthrough i said screw it and made my way up to the plane which took forever and i pretty much became  best friends with death only to scrape by just by dumb luck. Made it to the top to grab the flare gun and anything not in the containers since you need the hacksaw for it and holy freaking crap guess what was on a box next to a container....the freaking hacksaw. So a fresh new save and i already managed to luck out and get one of the best stashes in game. I pretty much filled up on food made some water camped a night up top then made my way down.

Nothing really happened to much other then 2 things to go with that hacksaw and stash within the first 5 days of play.

I made my way to mystery lake to camp out since i lucked out on several rabbits and had some metal and could find some here to make fishing line and well. Got attacked by a wolf. I keep the flare gun locked cocked and ready to rock incase. Since i know i was about to get ripped to shreds i got ready to say good bye to my best run ever and just fired a shot from the flare gun. to my freaking surprise that un mistakable grown. I did not know you could kill wolves with a lucky headshot. I killed it with a flare gun O.o. So now i have tons of meat i cant eat persay. will keep a couple pieces on me to keep off the hunger even though the parasite risk but its worth it if i can keep my well fed just long enough to get to the station near the lake.

well when i got near that train car my luck kept freaking going. a freaking moose. Guess what. Yep i somehow managed to kill the sucker with 3 headshots from the flare gun and using the you can get me here but here your ai goes into run away mode. I brought down a moose and a wolf with 4 total shots of a flare gun sadly 2 shots left but now i got food for a while and so close to getting the moose hide items. How the hell does any of this happen? Did anyone else know you could kill with the flare gun or that you could bring down a moose with 3 flare shots? I guess this run is the games way of saying sorry for the 13+ times spawning and killing you on twm here have some great freaking luck. im still sitting here like wtf what the hell happened. am i dreaming?

anyone else ever had a few bad runs of survival then all of the sudden the next run every thing goes right and no matter what you try it seems to keep comming in aces for ya in that run? i think this is by far my best ever run and dont think ill ever top it unless hinterland adds it way more areas for the next 2 chapters and adds in a few more items.

• Like 1