Unusual functionality of game start screen (used as screensaver)

acada

Sometimes when I need to go AFK and plan to play later, I let the game save and leave the home/start screen on monitor. You know, it is nice screensaver with changing weather.

Once there was a blizzard on this screen. I selected to continue in my sandbox game. There was load of frostbite risks and frostbites rolling on right side of monitor. It scared me a lot. Fortunatelly the character was not affected by any of this. It seems like the home screen is actually like the character is standing in front of Trappers Homeastead. Can you give him some clothes so he does not freeze to death while I enjoy the home screen as screensaver?

@acada
I think that's just an after effect of the scene transition... I've seen this before too.  Where I leave the scene playing for a very long time and then load my game, then to have several "ghost afflictions" pop up but never really take effect.  Because the "ghost afflictions" don't impact our character it's easy enough to ignore...

Though if you feel strongly about it, you can do it again and take a debug screenshot of the "ghost affliction notifications" and submit a bug report on the support portal.

Edited by ManicManiac

• 1 month later...