TLD music in youtube videos receiving copyright claims from Warner

Just had this copyright claim appear for a video that's scheduled and not even live yet ...

LatinAutor, LatinAutor - Warner Chappell, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, [Merlin] Redeye Distribution, Warner Chappell, [Merlin] PIAS

It's claiming against "The Lion's Roar" - the Wintermute theme tune introduced with Wintermute Redux, which I've mixed with game trailer and game play footage for the intro to my Wintermute playthrough videos.

@Raphael van Lierop please could you have someone clarify if we can use that theme in videos or not - many thanks.

• Upvote 1

• Hinterland
On 7/29/2019 at 11:50 PM, Gazbeard said:

Just had this copyright claim appear for a video that's scheduled and not even live yet ...

It's claiming against "The Lion's Roar" - the Wintermute theme tune introduced with Wintermute Redux, which I've mixed with game trailer and game play footage for the intro to my Wintermute playthrough videos.

@Raphael van Lierop please could you have someone clarify if we can use that theme in videos or not - many thanks.

We have the rights to use this music in the game, but that doesn't necessarily extend to it being shared in videos. It's up to the copyright holder to grant you permission to include the song in your own content.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

YouTube is pushing people away from their service by this militant copywrite crap. Content creators are finding it more difficult to meet the increasing unreasonable criteria imposed on them by YouTube. 

I'm hearing rumors that new/alternative video services will be replacing YouTube before too long. It's too bad, too. YouTube used to be a good platform.