Matches and Striker

foam

Some thoughts:

Matches seem to decay awfully fast. It hasn't impacted my game at all yet, but, I would imagine they would last longer than a few months!

Likewise, the striker deteriorates awfully fast, somewhere around 2% per use. I would expect something like this to last a lot longer, on the order of several hundred if not a thousand uses. This goes more to gameplay... if you find a striker, and it's at, say, 30% condition, that's only around 15ish uses, which really doesn't do much. Meaning there's not really any point in having the item in the game in its current state.

While you may be able to strike a firestriker many many times before it wears out, most people would need multiple strikes to start 1 fire.

A firestriker that allows you to start hundreds of fires may be realistic, but it would mess up the balance. I start a fire about once every 1-2 weeks. Say 50 fires a year, just 1 firestriker would last me my entire game.

The firestriker used to degrade at 10% per attempt to start a fire. That made it very limited and this has been lowered to 2% per attempt. Seems very reasonable to me.

Archived