Hi there...

ChillPlayer

...or as we say here: hallo zäme

I figured after over 100 post it might be time to introduce myself, better late than never ;)

So my name is Raphael, I live in Switzerland with a wife and two awesome kids and I'm 35 years old. I work as a Unix engineer and spend most of my spare time also in front of a screen, either gaming, coding or watching a TV series. Unix is not just an operating system for me, it's a way of life by any means (KISS anyone?) :D.

Besides everything computer I am also quite often outdoors, during warmer months I'm out trick kiting (see videos in my youtube channel if you don't know what it is), in colder months I'm out on my snowboard riding the backcountry of the Swiss Alps. And during clear nights I'm out with my telescopes getting humbled by the sheer size of our universe.

TLD is my first pure survival game and I got hooked pretty much right from the start. It's a fantastic game and it's great to be able to play it in this early stage already. Other games I play are mainly RPG style games, at least that's where I spent most hours in it. Be it MMORPGs like guild wars 1&2, age of conan, sw:tor or secret world or singleplayer gothic, dragon age or deus ex. My favorite game of all times though is probably Dark Souls 1&2, words cannot describe how much I love this games and how exceptional the game experience was. But TLD is only alpha so one can never know ;)

Generally I like games that tell a good story or have an interesting multiplayer, by which it amazes me even more that TLD got it's hook so deep into me, having no story at all. What I also find kinda funny is the fact that thanks to TLD (and by this also ultimate survival alaska) I rediscovered my interest for anything survival. Or let's say, being out in nature for days outside civilization, having a tent and food from the supermarket isn't exactly a survival situation. But we will definitely spent more time in a tent by a river this summer than the previous years, my family is also looking forward to it. I also began to grow a beard since I play TLD :ugeek:

That's about it, have fun everyone & happy hunting ;)

Ultimate Survival Alaska is an awesome show... Season 2 was the best, but even the new Season Three is shaping up to be pretty challenging. I often find myself watching some of their problem solving and thinking about how it could/would translate if a similar situations was in TLD :lol:

@Bill: Yes season 3 is a bit less thrilling, the teams are less tough than in season 2 and I don't like the Lower 48's drama bs. But I'm still anxious to watch the next ep. Have you seen last episode? In fictional TV I watched many times someone sewing himself up but actually never someone doing it for real. [spoil]Military[/spoil] really deserved to win this one.

I can't adapt much of their problem solving into my gameplay yet but the show sure gives me tons of ideas of what else could be added to the game. The devs should be forced to watch this show :D

@opeth: as long as it doesn't get personal I am open for every discussion and I am not tiring easily to stand my point hehe. Straight forward and silly is exactly the way I like :D Btw, did you chose your nickname because of the band Opeth? Because it just reminded me that I forgot to mention a huge part of my life: everything Heavy Metal, I love especially the extrem parts of the spectrum, Opeth and Katatonia on the Doomside, Cannibal Corpse and Whitechapel on the Death Metal side. But I also listen to pretty much everything in between, as long as it has guitars and drums. I also go on many concerts and metal festivals, this year will be my 7th Wacken :twisted:

Yeah if there'll be a fan fest in the future and we happen to be there, we sure would have a good party :D I never thought even remotely that you try to bash me by any means so no need to pre-apologize lol. But it also goes the other way around, I sometimes make strong statements but that's never to hurt someone personally but to make a point, pure and simple. Most people can deal with it but some don't, I try to avoid any discussions with the latter as good as I can.

Keep on rockin' ;)

See, even one of the Hinterland members bears the name of Raphael. :D

And he's not even a Ninja Turtle :P

Are you absolutely sure about that? You have to account for that the turtles are at least 20 years older by now - don't know though if turtles can grow a beard but it could be a fake just to fool people :D

But yeah it's nice to see so many Raphaels here, especially written with ph (which in Switzerland is rather seldom) ;)

Hey Raphael,

Welcome to the forum! (Better late then never :D)

I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of you right now, getting to go snowboarding whenever you want... It's been 4 years since I was last able to go snowboarding :(

See, even one of the Hinterland members bears the name of Raphael. :D

And he's not even a Ninja Turtle :P

Nope, he's a Ninja Developer! :P

Thank you elloco, but you actually live in a country I am jealous of, living in Holland would be a dream for me and not only because of the liberal laws regarding certain substances mother nature provides us for 8-) But I sure would miss snowboarding, on the other hand you have beaches and this means perfect wind for my trick kites. And boy did I get amsterdamned several times, I love that city ;)

Archived