Authenticity/Realism Issue

lauren

Being the curious "what happens if i do this" type I decided to take off all my character's clothing and run around outside and hunt for some deer.

I didn't have much time to actually play - but according to my timer I spent 40+ "game minutes" outside and this is what happened to my stats:

The top portion of the image is my stats after about 10 "game minutes" outside, the bottom is after approx 45 "game minutes" (The second screenshot was taken while I was standing in that broken down shed near Trappers Homestead - and actually warming up! - but still naked)

10930874_10153018467457603_8479485342119513702_n.jpg?oh=f4ff13b3a901c9b36b1e5530c0690da0&oe=5568D548

I'm no survival expert...but I have a suspicion my character should be in some serious trouble (frostbitten, maybe just hypothermia setting in)...and not 100% 'Condition'.

Not sure what the actual bug is you're trying to report... if it's just "I should be colder", that might possibly just be a tuning factor feedback rather than an actual bug. Under the current v.183 version, players are given a warmth bonus for running [personally I think that needs to be retuned given a player can marathon run (and that's run, not jug) through snow piled areas and a full pack with hardly any cost].

It also makes a difference which mode you're playing. The cold and other settings in Pilgrim mode aren't nearly as severe as playing in Stalker mode. Wind will also be a big consideration - it is possible to run for 30 minutes (in the game) without hitting huge freezing cold stats.

If it is tuning you're talking about, then the discussion thread should probably be moved to the feedbag section. If it's a more specific bug you're trying to point out, it might need more details so the devs know what needs to be fixed.

I only know about Stalker mode so I'll comment on that. I've not tried taking off my clothes outdoors but with all my clothes on outdoors my temperature drops way faster than that. It will go from zero cold in a cabin to full red bar and freezing in a few hours. Especially at the temperatures you're showing in your screenshots.

You still haven't mentioned, lauren, what mode is this occurring in?

Based on the conditions outside that were happening, I'm not sure what the problem is here. Seeing as how the game (at least in my estimation) views 0C as the neutral point for not getting cold, everything seems to be working as intended. If you're saying that "my character should be getting colder at 0C because I personally would be," you're not taking into account possibilities about the character's background. Someone who lives near the Arctic circle would in fact find 0C to be quite a warm day, shorts and t-shirt weather at least.

I tried to post a lenghly reply, a true life story, but got logged out before finishing. :cry:

The point of the story was that you can run around naked in subzero temperatures, at least for the while I can run. The snow will hinder your movement (a lot, depending on depth and hardness.) and the snow will freeze your feet and likely peel the skin of them. Your hair will also freeze. Frozen air is harder to breathe. Yet the bigger problem is when you stop- the sweat will cool you down very quickly.

I think it's correct that they give a heat bonus for running. I think it should have a slight bonus for any task actually. But moving (or running!) in snow is very tiring, uses a lot of precious calories, is slow (I think anything can outrun a human in knee deep snow, that's why we have skis and snowshoes.), it's dehydrating and makes you sweat. If your clothes get wet, it would be problematic to get them dried up- several hours by the fire or a day or two indoors. They dry outdoors while freezing as well, but it takes longer. So, avoid getting wet during winter.

Speaking of running, A hare would easily outrun a wolf in deep snow because of its snowshoe like feature on its feet. Rabbits probably haven't and I enjoy watching a ingame wolf speeding for one in distance. Just beautiful...

Oh yeah. I'm new to the game and to the forums. It's an addictive game and it's been lovely to read some of your posts.

Archived