Killed by a wounded wolf

Beowulf59

Was a little fed up to be honest. I stepped outside a building in Coastal Town to see a wolf only a few yards away, no time to recover from a near panic attack, i took a shot with the rifle and followed the blood trail for what must have been a mile, eventually catching up with the offender (phew). The wolf attacked and although armed with a knife and wearing close to 100% condition Wolf coat, Deerskin Boots and Rabbit gloves ( health 100%) so ended a 105 day run. ouch!

ps Loving this game ;)

pps No it wasn't the wolf that had the knife and good clothing:)

It's also easy to mistakenly think you're about to go through Round 2 with the nearly dead wolf you injured and tracked... only to find out (after watching the recorded video replay) that you took on a different wolf that had crossed your tracking path.

I thought I was being sneaky and focussed tracking my dying wolf - then, when I watched the replay, I saw where I made my mistake and shifted direction to the wrong wolf :oops:

You can view replays? How is that done?

I seem to always run into fresh wolves when tracking wounded ones - it's infuriating. I exited the garage in Coastal Highway right into a wolf's path. I shot it and it went running off, so I started tracking it. I thought I had him wandering up a mountain slope, but when we engaged he had full health. Stab stab stab, it tries to run away, so I shot it down in anger, not wanting to return to the cabin 1 bullet down with no meat and a nasty wound to boot. Bandage and antiseptic, then before I've even reached the corpse to harvest it I hear a growling and there's another one coming up behind me. Also full health. I managed to kill it outright in the fight, but was at 7% condition. I ran back to the garage, vision blurred and heart pounding, cursing wolves the whole way.

Managed to get back the next day to harvest both corpses, but I packed up and moved back to Mystery Lake shortly after.

Archived