Firing the rifle from the hip

Pillock

Today I finally got my hands on the revolver for the first time (and deafened myself within 1 second of picking it up due to being in a very enclosed space and not realising that it might be already loaded - scared the crap out of me!).

And now I'm walking around feeling like a boss. Wolves can't come near me. All I have to do is fire off one round in their general direction to send them squealing. This is nice. I like it.

But it does make me wonder why we shouldn't be able to do the same thing with the rifle? It makes just as loud a bang. Right now we can only use the rifle to scare wolves if they haven't already spotted us - you can't fire it without aiming, and as soon as you aim they charge, undeterred by 'warning' shots (that's what I like to call them when I miss).

I don't think it would unbalance anything, especially given how much rarer and more precious rifle shells are than revolver rounds anyway.

I'll just say that with the amount of times I've had a revolver in hand, stopped to pick up a stick, missed it and blown a hole in my invisible boot instead...

...I'm quite happy the rifle can't be fired without aiming first.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'll just say that with the amount of times I've had a revolver in hand, stopped to pick up a stick, missed it and blown a hole in my boot instead...

...I'm quite happy the rifle can't be fired without aiming first.

I've had the revolver for all of about 5 minutes, and i've already done that at least 726 times. I also shot a man who was sitting in church when all I really wanted to do was rob him. It felt really bad.

But I'm a fast learner. Now I put the revolver away if I don't want to shoot it.

• Upvote 1