Red flashes

ajb1978

So this was a little disconcerting.  I sprained everything while mapping the perimeter of Mystery Lake, and just powered through it like normal.  But this time, my first since the Steadfast Ranger update, I noticed that periodically while on severe inclines the screen would flash red even after I had sprained all 4 limbs.  At first I thought nothing of it, but then the red flashes started happening more frequently, and then the red flashes became more severe, reddening the screen for progressively longer durations.  Not wanting to throw away 2 weeks of progress over something stupid, I fled to even terrain and am now heading back to my safehouse to recover.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is this a bug?  Is this me wisely stopping before encountering something even more dire than a sprain?

I noticed them too walking while crippled. My theory is that you're rolling dice for sprains even if no more are possible, and they simply show you're suffering. If they become longer it's interesting (hadn't time to get so many), it's true "blinding pain".

Weirdly enough, they don't seem to reset the "pain" timer.