better deer?

peepercreeper

deers run away. thats all they do when they see a player, but can we just have them do something else?

like lets say some will charge you some will run away some will only kick you if you manage to get in leg range.

it would just make more sense, maybe they could defend themselves from wolves just a small bit?

Guest kristaok

I know TLD isn't supposed to necessarily be a real life / hunting simulator, but in real life Deer do typically run away when they see someone unless they were a pet or had Wasting Disease. Also it would be rare for any Deer to charge or attack, usually when an attack does occur it's by a Male Deer in Rut. Likewise when a Deer is being chased by a Wolf or any other Wildlife it's not likely they would fight back, but it is more likely that they would tree to flee. 

Deer are prey animals... grazing animals... when they see a predator (which they know full well humans are) or even see/hear something unfamiliar, they will do what makes the most sense from a self preservation stand point...  "Hey, what was that???  Crap!  Run for my life!"

The deer in this game are just fine way they are in my opinion.  :)  They are a lot less skittish and easier to hunt than deer in real life... :P 

Archived