Curing animal hides in fishing shacks that have doors

piddy3825

I was curious why we cant cure animal hides in fishing shacks that have doors.  I can see why it wouldn't work on fishing shacks without a door, but I can't see why hide curing in the fishing shack with a workable closing door wouldn't work in theory.    In the fishing shack, you got a little relief carved in the door but there are no holes or windows in the walls and the roof is intact.  You can open and close the door to either secure the shack or to gain entry and you don't get a loading screen like you do entering an interior cell.  Fishing shack has a woodstove. There's ample storage but no bed.  ideal place to bivouac,  But you cant cure a hide.  Just imaging how much better it would be to be able to cure a hide or at least get the process started when staying over night or for multiple days.

Let's take a comparative look at a fishing shack and say the Mountaineer's Hut on TWM.   You can cure animal hides in the Hut on TWM even though you have an open window and a hole in the roof!   The door opens and closes just like the door to the fishing shack to allow entry without a loading screen.  You got a fireplace. 

Now let's compare the fire lookout with the fishing shack.  Here again, you have a door that opens and closes to allow entry or exit without a loading screen.  In the lookout all of the windows are intact and you have a woodstove.  you can cure animal hides here as well.   Fishing shack has same characteristics, but you can't cure hide.  

Lastly, let's compare the Stone Church at DP with the fishing shack.  First off the stone church doesn't even have any doors.  Secondly that are some holes in the roof.  Not to mention that an entire corner of the building is demolished.  You got a fire barrel.  You can cure animal hide on the church floor.

I know it would require some programming effort, but that aside shouldn't curing work the same for all those spaces?

10 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

^^This^^ Also, the way things are now, there is no room to put down a bedroll if you have a hide curing on the floor.

actually you can layout your bedroll and drop the hide on floor, I've tried it, it worked.  all except the curing of course.

10 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

actually you can layout your bedroll and drop the hide on floor, I've tried it, it worked.  all except the curing of course.

Good to know.  I've never tried it in that order.  I've dropped things first and then tried to put the bedroll down and couldn't find a spot where it would show green.  Maybe I just wasn't trying to put it down at the right distance.  I find placing items can be finicky that way sometimes, too.

19 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

elaborate...

The foundation of the shack is frozen water with 1x4 planks on it.  When it's warm enough to "dry" anything, instead of freezing it solid in the shack, it is also melting the water under the shack.  Water + Air = Damp.  Damp != dry.

4 hours ago, NardoLoopa said:

The foundation of the shack is frozen water with 1x4 planks on it.  When it's warm enough to "dry" anything, instead of freezing it solid in the shack, it is also melting the water under the shack.  Water + Air = Damp.  Damp != dry.

yeah, okay, good plausible explanation, I'll buy that.  still wanna have it my way, though darn it!

Archived