Upgrade houses : without loading and with exterior view from the windows

lem4ge

Hello,

I love the long dark game experience. But ultimately, I find it frustrating that the inside of the houses are "disconnected" from the world, except for the sounds. playing Red Dead Redemption 2 where you can get into homes without loading time, see what is happening outside by being inside, it strengthens the game immersion.

In The Long Dark I like to stay in the mountaineer’s cabin or in the supervising stations because we can see what’s going on outside.  It would be nice if all the houses were like this.

I’m currently in the quiet valley farm, I see large windows in the living room, but nothing through. In addition, loading times to enter and exit are very long (on PS4 pro)

Although I 100% agree with you, it has been answered in a previous milton mailbag :

Unfortunately, when we started making The Long Dark back in 2013, we were using an older version of Unity that didn't support world streaming. With the current version, we could make a streaming world but our current content isn't compatible with it. It's something we think a lot about, but the investment required to go back and remake all our content is huge, at this point, so it's probably not something we'll tackle until our next game.

http://www.hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/20960-milton-mailbag-dispatch-7/

it is indeed a shame not to do it for the most emblematic buildings. As much as possible, since some buildings already are.

yesterday I left the charming valley farm (loading time). I forgot something, so I came home (loading time), then came out (loading time), boring.

Its not woth of effort, nobody will notice. loading is short. If you want to make it quicker, buy a SSD.

Also frozen windows, shady lighintg. It provides atmosphere. Also as mentioned, this mechanic is old and in game core. It cannot be replaced without massive time sacrifice.

You could also bait AI.

Sorry.

Archived