A Pilgrim tries to be an Interloper: how long can he last?

Morrick

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now would take wood, books and cloth with me and either go to ML via Radio Tower or CH via the Barn+Rural Crossroads.

Now you can easily make fire, you have water, a hacksaw for carcasses. The only thing you need now is better clothing, the hammer and the bedroll. There are cattails right next to Farmstead on the river. If you go to ML, there are plenty cattails at Winding River, and there will be enough food at rural crossroads and the coal mine to CH. So you don't have to worry about food for a few days. 

On the way to Radio Tower there is one bear and one wolf you have to pay attention, the way to CH is more dangerous. So now you have the choice.

Guys, thank you for all the precious advice. Unfortunately, my Attempt-53 survivor was killed at the Rural Crossroads by a wolf she couldn't outrun — that's because of the amount of stuff outside the houses in this area, blocking a direct path to the houses themselves; and yes, I tried entering a car but it was too late. Her condition was less than 30% anyway.

On the bright side, the advice about heating food and carrying it with you to warm up along the way was essential for my Attempt-33 survivor, who managed to go from the Trapper's Cabin to Camp Office in one go (and by taking a more convoluted route to avoid wolves). Yep, she's still alive, she found a sewing kit to mend her poor clothing, and she's reached day 10 of survival. This is definitely my best run on Interloper, and I'm playing it as safe as possible… :)

@Morrick real unlucky at the cross roads! I think areas with houses and wolves are the most dangerous in the game. Where is 33 headed next? She's pretty tooled already and I'm guessing ML will have a hammer on offer. The Muskege is beautiful this time of year :D

On 3/4/2019 at 9:14 AM, Stone said:

I think areas with houses and wolves are the most dangerous in the game.

I agree. The town of Milton is a blessing and a curse. Houses are generally warm and you can recover from the cold, and of course you can find some useful items here and there. But the area between the Post Office and the last house on your left when you're on the main road going towards the Orca gas station can be tricky, as sometimes there's a wolf or two moving among the dilapidated houses, the rubble and the abandoned vehicles. In what has possibly been my only true stroke of luck on Interloper, I was exactly exploring this area and searching the trunk of a car, and when I turned to head back to Grey Mother's house I crossed paths with a wolf coming from behind a house. As I thought "Ok, I'm done", I heard the wolf yelp and run away! At that point, since I didn't want to push my luck, I rushed towards the nearest house and got inside.

On 3/4/2019 at 9:14 AM, Stone said:

Where is 33 headed next?

She would like to see what Carter Hydro Dam has to offer, and maybe exit Mystery Lake briefly to check the Ravine. But still not 100% sure. :) 

Archived