Never died like this before

gads68

Day 233 in Stalker.  I'm in the fishing hut between Jack Rabbit Island and Misanthrope's Homestead.  My clothes give me a 52 warmth bonus plus I'm using the cold fusion feat with the +2 bonus.  My sleeping bag is around 70%.  I have a fire that burns out sometime during the night, blizzard comes and I die.  I was at 90% health.

Now I've stayed in fishing huts many nights with blizzards with no problem whatsoever.  This was my longest run and I had plenty of supplies to last a long time so I'm rather bummed by this.  I've had many runs in voyager and stalker, stayed in plenty of huts in blizzards in my other games and never died like this.  Was there a tweak with the recent upgrade or is this common?

Just as often as not I sleep outdoors to avoid the much-loved cabin fever affliction and when I do, I almost never sleep for more than two hours at a time without a fire, particularly when dawn (the coldest time of the day) is approaching.

Sounds like you've been exceptionally fortunate to make it to day 233.

I had the same death in the Riken's wheelhouse on my long duration Voyager run.  I slept through blizzards there before without incident, but I figured that the wind blew in just the right direction to hit me in my sleep.

A bummer for me too, as I had plenty of gear, food, and supplies to keep me well supplied whenever weather disrupted my daily hunting and gathering routine. 

Archived